Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last 3 weeks or so been eating little more than Subway (which makes me joke to myself about Subway diet)

Today ate a chicken sub for lunch with mustard, nothing else yet but have the cookie for later and maybe if still hungry eat like 2/3 Scotch pies I have though craving a chicken kebab (been a week since last ate a takeaway)

Yesterday ate same thing and had 4 slices of cheese and toast in evening and 2 small apple pies.

Day before ate 3 Scotch pies (I get them cheap) a yogurt 2 large cookies and half a bag of Haribo

Day before I made chicken and potato with salad but it was a large portion and had 2 cheese rolls for supper.

My general diet is like this for last week or two, did have a large takeaway last week though.

Been feeling weak as not eating much but better as less stodgy.

But am I undereating? What I am eating is fatty and salty and a lot of calories so may be getting more fat salt and calories but in other ways?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If that#s all you're eating, it doesn't sound like an awful lot to me. But you may find that you're getting too much fat, etc.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably getting enough calories, but it's a pretty stupid diet. You're not undereating, you might even gain weight, but it's not sustainable at all, and will damage your health if sustained. Even if you start by having a proper breakfast every morning (say toast, cereal and a piece of fruit), it'll make a difference

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a crazy diet, and am obese but since changing to diet drinks weight slowly dropping (lost 3 stone in a year) as I assume most of my weight was down to me drinking a 2 litre pepsi a day, I now drink a lot of diet pepsi instead which I know isn't good for me.

I can go through phases of undereating and overeating its just normally when I "undereat" its leftover takeaway

Also I struggle to eat during the day, I generally feel hungry when its late at night which I assume is more down to the temperature drop and darkness I can literally feel like I haven't eaten all day thats when I rush to fridge and eat what I can find be it yogurts or whatever.

So one day I can eat double what I listed others normally in hottest part of summer I may just eat a sandwich the whole day.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Idk the exact calories of a sub, however you have a very unhealthy relationship with food for that to be your diet. You need to look at it and figure how you're going to improve it. Learning how to cook is a great way to start. Youtube and the bbc good website are great places to start

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I can't cook but I have depression and getting a Subway gets me out of the house and means I can sit for a hour with a drink especially in the nice weather similar for even getting a ready meal.

Going out of the house means I am less hungry than sitting in house all day.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing horrible in your diet, but you should add some fresh fruit and vegetables for it to be healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    It's not that I can't cook but I have depression and getting a Subway gets me out of the house and means I can sit for a hour with a drink especially in the nice weather similar for even getting a ready meal.

Going out of the house means I am less hungry than sitting in house all day.
    You could always try finding other cool food shops to subway if you want to get out for food, baguette or sandwich shops can be just as nice without being so processed.

If you can cook try cooking large cooking stews/chillies/curries and stuff you can refrigerate & freeze so it's easy to heat up if you aren't in the mood to cook one night

ReputationRep:
    It isn't such a healthy diet I must admit but it can be changed. I saw the add on about having depression, I am sorry for all that you have to deal with. I do understand the bit about getting out the house, and I'm sure you think that the benefit that you'd feel from getting out the house for your mental health would out way the psychical unhealth. I did the same thing. Keep getting yourself out the house the way that you are but maybe try to go to different places. One day go to a 'vegan' shop if there is one near you, another day go to a local coffee shop and so on. A bit of variation and adding some fruit and veg in there will make a big difference to your physical health which in tern may take the edge off you mental health ordeal. Best of luck. If you need a friend just drop me a dm 💗

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.