Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 10 and I just got my marks back for my first chemistry isa. I still have maybe 2 more chances but I'm really stressing out. I revised and I got one mark below a C. I'm really freaked out and I don't know how to cope. I know this probably seems silly to a lot of you but I'm really freaking out. I can't stop thinking how this will affect my future. Teachers are saying if we don't do well in our isas students might get kicked out of triple. All the other students are like "I got an A*, lost 6 marks so upset" like what! I'm hoping if anyone has any advice of how to cope or reassurance I'd appreciate it a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bearmail)
    Im in year 10 and I just got my marks back for my first chemistry isa. I still have maybe 2 more chances but I'm really stressing out. I revised and I got one mark below a C. I'm really freaked out and I don't know how to cope. I know this probably seems silly to a lot of you but I'm really freaking out. I can't stop thinking how this will affect my future. Teachers are saying if we don't do well in our isas students might get kicked out of triple. All the other students are like "I got an A*, lost 6 marks so upset" like what! I'm hoping if anyone has any advice of how to cope or reassurance I'd appreciate it a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're in Y10, it means that you have a whole year to improve. In this time, you will cover the rest of the course, and with this your current knowledge will be solidified and built upon. This means that when you come to re-do it next year, you will have much better chances of succeeding. Also the slightly worse one gives you an opportunity to find your weak points and work on them.

I'm in Y12, having been through this every year since Y10; don't worry about it!

I'm always aroundd to talk to if I can help

H

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.