suzyyyyxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically, last year I did my AS exams and got 4 As. For some reason, I then decided to keep all of my four A-levels and so now I'm doing 4 A2s. I got a low A in chemistry - an 83 UMS average (for comparison, all my others were in the 90s) and decided to resit one of my AS Chemistry modules.
Unfortunately I've had absolutely no time to revise for this resit, due to the sheer amount of work I have to do for my 4 A2s (Biology, chemistry, physics and maths). And this morning I woke up and realised that the exam is actually tomorrow afternoon. I could have revised for it today, but I used today to continue revising for my A2s which start next week, so now I'm in a bit of a pickle.
Does anybody have any tips for me? Is it possible to do sufficient revision for an AS chemistry module in half a day? Or should I just go in with no revision? I did a past paper about 2 weeks ago with no revision and got a low A.

Thanks in advance for the help!!
annaj97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you do OCR Chemistry A, a fair amount of the stuff covered again at A2 (esters, infrared, mass spec, Hess, equilibrium) etc. so you don't really need to re-revise those. Maybe revise reaction mechanisms and routes as they always come up, and recap a few calculations.
suzyyyyxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by annaj97)
If you do OCR Chemistry A, a fair amount of the stuff covered again at A2 (esters, infrared, mass spec, Hess, equilibrium) etc. so you don't really need to re-revise those. Maybe revise reaction mechanisms and routes as they always come up, and recap a few calculations.
Yuuup, OCR Chemistry A. That's a good shout actually, so I can just go over calculations and that random topic at the end about the ozone layer, which I rediscovered today :lol:
ReeceM1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
-Print off the spec and highlight points you don't know then go and learn them!
-Make sure you know pretty much all the definitions
-Do some past papers

...but it should be alright - as the above post states - In OCR we cover many things again in A2.
annaj97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by suzyyyyxo)
Yuuup, OCR Chemistry A. That's a good shout actually, so I can just go over calculations and that random topic at the end about the ozone layer, which I rediscovered today :lol:
The whole ozone part is bleh. Good luck tomorrow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (12)
8.28%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (16)
11.03%
No, but maybe I will look into it (39)
26.9%
No and I wouldn't consider it (78)
53.79%

Watched Threads