Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, last year I did my AS exams and got 4 As. For some reason, I then decided to keep all of my four A-levels and so now I'm doing 4 A2s. I got a low A in chemistry - an 83 UMS average (for comparison, all my others were in the 90s) and decided to resit one of my AS Chemistry modules.
    Unfortunately I've had absolutely no time to revise for this resit, due to the sheer amount of work I have to do for my 4 A2s (Biology, chemistry, physics and maths). And this morning I woke up and realised that the exam is actually tomorrow afternoon. I could have revised for it today, but I used today to continue revising for my A2s which start next week, so now I'm in a bit of a pickle.
    Does anybody have any tips for me? Is it possible to do sufficient revision for an AS chemistry module in half a day? Or should I just go in with no revision? I did a past paper about 2 weeks ago with no revision and got a low A.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

ReputationRep:
    If you do OCR Chemistry A, a fair amount of the stuff covered again at A2 (esters, infrared, mass spec, Hess, equilibrium) etc. so you don't really need to re-revise those. Maybe revise reaction mechanisms and routes as they always come up, and recap a few calculations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaj97)
    If you do OCR Chemistry A, a fair amount of the stuff covered again at A2 (esters, infrared, mass spec, Hess, equilibrium) etc. so you don't really need to re-revise those. Maybe revise reaction mechanisms and routes as they always come up, and recap a few calculations.
    Yuuup, OCR Chemistry A. That's a good shout actually, so I can just go over calculations and that random topic at the end about the ozone layer, which I rediscovered today :lol:

ReputationRep:
    -Print off the spec and highlight points you don't know then go and learn them!
    -Make sure you know pretty much all the definitions
    -Do some past papers

...but it should be alright - as the above post states - In OCR we cover many things again in A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzyyyyxo)
    Yuuup, OCR Chemistry A. That's a good shout actually, so I can just go over calculations and that random topic at the end about the ozone layer, which I rediscovered today :lol:
    The whole ozone part is bleh. Good luck tomorrow!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.