gldrnbw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, everyone! I am currently finishing the second year of university, and I want to work in S&T. I haven't done any relevant internships as yet (though I have done one at a local policy organization).I'm going to apply for summer internships at London offices of investment banks this fall. I'm not based in the UK, but quite a few people at my university have interned in London at ib/s&t. I hope that describes my situation.

Currently I'm choosing an internship for this summer in my home country.I failed to find anything directly in S&T, but I have some offers in vaguely related fields. So, I need your advice to decide which of these is the most relevant for S&T in London.
1) Internship in Investor Realtions at a local stock exchange (the exchange is a public company, and the internship is about communicating with its investors)
2) Internship at Nordea Bank, mostly credit analysis of corporate borrowers, as far as I understood
4) Internship at Middle Office, Capital Markets at a well-known global bank.

How'd you rank these alternatives given my objective? Also, do global banks pay attention to the name of companies where applicants have interned? Will they be scared away by obscure local companies on the CV?
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gldrnbw)
Hello, everyone! I am currently finishing the second year of university, and I want to work in S&T. I haven't done any relevant internships as yet (though I have done one at a local policy organization).I'm going to apply for summer internships at London offices of investment banks this fall. I'm not based in the UK, but quite a few people at my university have interned in London at ib/s&t. I hope that describes my situation.

Currently I'm choosing an internship for this summer in my home country.I failed to find anything directly in S&T, but I have some offers in vaguely related fields. So, I need your advice to decide which of these is the most relevant for S&T in London.
1) Internship in Investor Realtions at a local stock exchange (the exchange is a public company, and the internship is about communicating with its investors)
2) Internship at Nordea Bank, mostly credit analysis of corporate borrowers, as far as I understood
4) Internship at Middle Office, Capital Markets at a well-known global bank.

How'd you rank these alternatives given my objective? Also, do global banks pay attention to the name of companies where applicants have interned? Will they be scared away by obscure local companies on the CV?
Any of them.

You can spin each well enough in an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (49)
17.75%
No one else does (87)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.14%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (93)
33.7%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.17%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.17%

Watched Threads