The Student Room Group

Am I bisexual

I don't know if I'm bi or not and it's even harder to tell because I haven't done anything with either gender, not even kissing. How do I tell if I'm bi or not? Does it even matter? I feel like I wouldn't mind doing sexual things with both but only want relationships with guys. I go to an all-girls school which is enough to put me off living with women for the rest of my life. I'm really unsure.
Reply 1
Original post by VHarvey
I don't know if I'm bi or not and it's even harder to tell because I haven't done anything with either gender, not even kissing. How do I tell if I'm bi or not? Does it even matter? I feel like I wouldn't mind doing sexual things with both but only want relationships with guys. I go to an all-girls school which is enough to put me off living with women for the rest of my life. I'm really unsure.

Best I can suggest is try it and see what feels right... it's hard to say when you haven't experienced anything. Just remember that any relationships are your choice as well as the other person's, and therefore you can end it as soon as you feel uncomfortable.

Hope that helps!

H
It's ok to be attracted to both sexually but only one romantically! You don't have to label yourself yet, or even ever. You'll eventually experience things and probably make a decision for yourself - just go with the flow and see what happens!
Hi, little late to the party but hope this helps :smile:
I came out as bi a couple months back and I've never done anything with either gender. Figuring it out is different for everyone and it doesn't have to matter to you, you may not particularly care about labels. I'd suggest thinking about people from both genders and just explore how you feel about both.
As for only wanting to be in a relationship with guys, you don't have to be attracted to men and women on an equal scale, I know some bisexual people that have only ever been with one gender so it's completely normal and you might change your mind later on.
Just try things out and take it slow, it's a two way street in relationships so you can call it off at anytime and just work out what's best for you.
Reply 4
It doesn't really matter. Sexuality is a diverse thing and there's no real need to label yourself. Just do what you want.
Original post by 09HB
Best I can suggest is try it and see what feels right... it's hard to say when you haven't experienced anything. Just remember that any relationships are your choice as well as the other person's, and therefore you can end it as soon as you feel uncomfortable.

Hope that helps!

H
yeah listen the grim reaper OP...

scary screen pic I must say.
Reply 6
It's really up to you what label you decide to use, or you can decide not to use one at all. I've done stuff with guys and girls sexually but only had a relationship with a girl and still publicly identify as straight, and I don't really use a label privately. You can also choose to change labels at any time or explore it more whem you would like to, it's all about what you want and feel most comfortable with. Sexuality's more of a continuum anyway, where even individuals tend to fluctuate, and most straight people can at least say if someone of the same gender is attractive, while many bisexuals have a preference for one gender
Original post by VHarvey

No need to force yourself to know your label right away. Being attracted to both is okay. I must say that you need to experience it first with both gender to know. :smile:
Honestly, just be you - don't worry about putting a label on it. :smile:

if you like girls - great!
if you like boys - great!
if you like non-binary - great!

The more you overthink it then the more stress you will cause yourself. :smile:

- Just realised this is 3 years old - sorry guys! :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
It doesn't really matter how you will label yourself. Just do what will make you happy. Live the most out of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending