Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Now I am 100% sure I want to join the police at this point.
    Now I am planning on doing my 4 A levels:
    Law
    Business Studies
    History
    and possibly philosophy and ethics.
    I also am hopefully soon be joining the police cadets and have work experience in the summer for 2 weeks.

Now what I would like to know is it very difficult to join at 18 years of age or is it just as hard as joining at lets say 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar213)
    Now I am 100% sure I want to join the police at this point.
    Now I am planning on doing my 4 A levels:
    Law
    Business Studies
    History
    and possibly philosophy and ethics.
    I also am hopefully soon be joining the police cadets and have work experience in the summer for 2 weeks.

Now what I would like to know is it very difficult to join at 18 years of age or is it just as hard as joining at lets say 21.
    Hi I am sure you can become a police officer. My friend is one and he did it after his A levels. Also he is studying at University as well.

ReputationRep:
    What way do you plan to join? By what way I mean, some police force have the ability for you to become a special constable and after around 200 hours of patrol you can apply to become a full time police constable. Also it depends what force you want to join.

ReputationRep:
    You can join the police at 18 but most police forces now require you to have the certificate knowledge of policing qualification.
    i got mine on there e learning course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.