Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OCR Gateway B
    Chemistry C1, C2 and C3
    JUNE 10TH 2016
    GOOD LUCK

Thought I would make this thread quick, and I know its the night before but I want to discuss this exam predictions wise, Good Luck every for tomorrow.

Peace ;D.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to know some predictions if anyone has any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAUREN399)
    I would love to know some predictions if anyone has any
    Same, I made that Biology a long time in advance, it had no attention until after the exam when it grew 15 pages lmao. Hopefully they all come out tonight and talk.

ReputationRep:
    Tip: Batch and continuous systems ALWAYS come up, every single exam. Because C3 is mostly about Rate of reactions, the examiners know student will focus on rates of reactions, disregarding smaller topic like allotropes of carbon and nanotubes etc. So make sure you revise the smaller things.

Also: Energy per gram = Energy supplied/ Mass of fuel burned (They don't give this to you in the exam, I have got some creepy feeling this will come up)

Unofficial mark scheme???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Easiest Chemistry paper ever done or just me?😂 I think this is gunna have very high grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    It was quite easy! I think an A* will be around 63/75.

ReputationRep:
    عندما يكون هناك مخطط علامة

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesLowee)
    Easiest Chemistry paper ever done or just me?😂 I think this is gunna have very high grade boundaries
    I thought it was pretty easy too, but literally no one else in my school did?? Although that last 6 marker was a killer bc I forgot to revise it...

ReputationRep:
    I found it easy what did you have to put for the 3 6 markers just to see if I've done them right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imloudlucy)
    I found it easy what did you have to put for the 3 6 markers just to see if I've done them right
    for the first 6 marker about levels of gases in air, i just talked about why the levels remained steady; oxygen is removed by respiration and replaced by photosynthesis, CO2 produced through combustion decay and respiration but removed by photosynthesis (carbon cycle), nitrogen i said is chemically inert but is recycled through nitrogen cycle. then i said CO2 will increase coz of increasing pop so higher energy demands so greater combustion of fossil fuels and less O2 in air coz of deforestation in order to make more space for homes and growing food to supply the increasing pop

for the c2 6 marker about the haber process i just mentioned that 350 degrees and 400 atm from the graph gave the best yield but 200 atm and 450 degrees is used instead because high pressure increases yield but a higher one isn't used as its expensive and dangerous. high temp reduces yield but increases reaction rate so a compromise is reached so that a little amount of ammonia is produced very quickly and an iron catalyst is used to increase the amount of yield produced in shorter time

for the c3 6 marker i said the leaves r crushed to break cell walls then boiled in a solvent to dissolve then purified by either distillation or chromatography. Phil's sample wasnt pure as the test showed it had a lower melting point indicating impurities and the thin layer chromatography test had 2 dots showing there was another compound present (altho i may be wrong and you're actually meant to say it's partially pure because the melting point decreased only slightly and the chromatography test showed that only one other compound was present, but I'm not too sure)

ReputationRep:
    I found the exam pretty easy. Some questions were really common-sense based, a few were slightly trickier; I completely forgot about chromatography.
    A* should be in the 58-64 range.

ReputationRep:
    When do you think there will be a unofficial mark scheme for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Locyce)
    Tip: Batch and continuous systems ALWAYS come up, every single exam. Because C3 is mostly about Rate of reactions, the examiners know student will focus on rates of reactions, disregarding smaller topic like allotropes of carbon and nanotubes etc. So make sure you revise the smaller things.

Also: Energy per gram = Energy supplied/ Mass of fuel burned (They don't give this to you in the exam, I have got some creepy feeling this will come up)
    You were certainly right about rate of reaction not coming up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaisuf)
    I found the exam pretty easy. Some questions were really common-sense based, a few were slightly trickier; I completely forgot about chromatography.
    56-64 as in percentage or raw mark?

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh! I guess my predictions were *somewhat true* the equation did come up, and a HUGE 6 marker on making medicines (A smaller, forgotten topic in C3) did indeed come up. But RoR did come up as well. Sorry guys!

Regardless, I know you guys did amazingly well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaisuf)
    Same I totally forgot about chromatography as well but the rest of the exam went pretty well I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinawu)
    56-64 as in percentage or raw mark?
    Raw mark.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.