The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have found studying extremely difficult. I only work part time, but this year I did A2 Chemistry & Biology and AS Maths & Psychology. I found that I neglected a lot of things (e.g. housework) and skipped assignments.

I take it that you are home learning? I suppose you just have to allocate a time to sit down and do it for at least a couple of hours a week. I did a GCSE at home last year, but I just did the coursework and the exam and didn't bother with any assignments. You can't really do that with A- level though.

I would suggest getting a really good revision guide for the specification that you are doing. And choose 1 night a week to be dedicated to your course, and you should get through it.
Reply 2
Greenmile
I have found studying extremely difficult. I only work part time, but this year I did A2 Chemistry & Biology and AS Maths & Psychology. I found that I neglected a lot of things (e.g. housework) and skipped assignments.

I take it that you are home learning? I suppose you just have to allocate a time to sit down and do it for at least a couple of hours a week. I did a GCSE at home last year, but I just did the coursework and the exam and didn't bother with any assignments. You can't really do that with A- level though.

I would suggest getting a really good revision guide for the specification that you are doing. And choose 1 night a week to be dedicated to your course, and you should get through it.

Thanks for the advice. I guess you just have to be really strict and practically chain yourself to your desk when it comes to home learning!
Reply 3
Arrange a timetable for when you are going to study.

You need to be motivated, I have just done an A level and an AS Level in 2 months the only way I got through studying the same subject 9 hours a day was because I was motivated enough to want to study and achieve a good grade.
Reply 4
^^^agree. timetable really works as it helped me a lot.
Reply 5
Sorry to drift off topic but how are you finding NEC? I looked at it myself as it seems the only way to get an AS in Physics or Maths near me.

I was wondering about seeing how much time is taken up with my AS Psychology and Sociology next year (I work full time :\) and then maybe applying for another AS a little later with NEC? What do you think?

Latest

Trending

Trending