Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Argument with friend over me buying nightclub ticket and he was turned away. Watch

To make it clearer we booked ticket in advance as it cost half the price.

I kept pestering him to not wear his scruffy clothes as he wears a tatty jacket, cargo trousers (which are more like tracksuit bottoms) and a tatty pair of trainers.

He did bring shoes and jeans to my flat as hes staying a few days but kept saying he will get in.

He was turned away and expected me to either go with him around town (when I knew we would have same issue everywhere) and even if I did he said he didn't have to give me the cash for the ticket as he couldn't get in despite me paying it by card.

He is quite a insensitive person though and have minor arguments with him a lot, hes more naive than nasty.

Eventually I decided to stay in the club and said to him I will meet him in a hour and if he can't get in anywhere (or he can phone me before if he can't) we could either go home or see what happens.

So I do and find out hes quite enjoying himself in a pub he got into and is happy to wait, when we meet again at closing time I find out despite me saying I left phone at home and knowing he had a fully charged phone his battery is dead as he decided to play games on his phone.

Had to wait 2 hours for a taxi home and pay £40 instead of £18 of which I am expected to pay half of as well.

The only thing you can argue a little is about me wanting to go to club alone after he didn't get in.

But even so what to do here? Though I am angry about paying £12 extra for taxi I am more about the £10 ticket (it was for a special event) especially when he ignored me saying he wouldn't get in.

Just wanted to vent a little but more get opinions.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.