Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these signs I'm going to be taken on after my work experience. I'm so desperate!! watch

I have recently qualified as a physics teacher and after spending the last 10 years practically on the poverty line I just want to get a job as a teacher where I can start living and not just existing. My final year placement has the purpose of training you as a teacher and isn't the same as an internship where there is an expectation of it turning into a job.

My placement came to an end two weeks ago and there were a number of things that make me think I might be getting a job there but I don't know if I'm just getting my hopes up for nothing.

The headteacher asked me randomly if I was actively looking for work. To which I replied that I had joined an employment agency. The headteacher then told me not to worry about applying for any jobs just yet and he was sure I would walk into a job once qualified.

The deputy head said goodbye to me on my last day by saying 'I'm going to say good bye but I'm sure I will see you again'.

When I went to deactivate my email the deputy head told me to write that I would not be returning until further notice. Then the head of physics said 'jeez that gives the impression she's never coming back' the deputy head then said ' well gone until you get a job here'.

When I said goodbye to the headteacher he said 'right I probably won't see you again now' but then a week after my last day he text saying 'enjoy your holiday, I will catch you soon, well done on being such a great student'.

I just get the feeling they didn't see my leaving as the end, it felt they were planning on me possibly getting a job there.

Am I reading too much into it?

What would be some signs they were going to keep me on?

They can't give me an offer already as I am waiting until my graduation before I can start working.
    I got. Distinction so did do well.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have recently qualified as a physics teacher and after spending the last 10 years practically on the poverty line I just want to get a job as a teacher where I can start living and not just existing. My final year placement has the purpose of training you as a teacher and isn't the same as an internship where there is an expectation of it turning into a job.

My placement came to an end two weeks ago and there were a number of things that make me think I might be getting a job there but I don't know if I'm just getting my hopes up for nothing.

The headteacher asked me randomly if I was actively looking for work. To which I replied that I had joined an employment agency. The headteacher then told me not to worry about applying for any jobs just yet and he was sure I would walk into a job once qualified.

The deputy head said goodbye to me on my last day by saying 'I'm going to say good bye but I'm sure I will see you again'.

When I went to deactivate my email the deputy head told me to write that I would not be returning until further notice. Then the head of physics said 'jeez that gives the impression she's never coming back' the deputy head then said ' well gone until you get a job here'.

When I said goodbye to the headteacher he said 'right I probably won't see you again now' but then a week after my last day he text saying 'enjoy your holiday, I will catch you soon, well done on being such a great student'.

I just get the feeling they didn't see my leaving as the end, it felt they were planning on me possibly getting a job there.

Am I reading too much into it?

What would be some signs they were going to keep me on?

They can't give me an offer already as I am waiting until my graduation before I can start working.
    I got. Distinction so did do well.
    I think you could be reading a bit much into it, however it does sounds like they like you so could be worth your while at least putting in an application to work there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.