How much time should I spend on each section of the OCR English Literature A2 paper? Watch

LauraJoyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How much time should I spend on each section of the A2 OCR exam (section A and B....King Lear, Paradise Lost and The Rivals)? Also, how much time should i spend planning and deciding on which question I want to answer?
elizahughes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well it's a two hour exam so an hour on each section - I try to limit myself to five minutes planning for each question but usually it won't take this long. It's better to spend a bit of time doing a rough plan rather than making it up as you go along though
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
(Original post by elizahughes)
Well it's a two hour exam so an hour on each section - I try to limit myself to five minutes planning for each question but usually it won't take this long. It's better to spend a bit of time doing a rough plan rather than making it up as you go along though
Great, thank you!
What kind of kings do you include in the rough plan?
elizahughes
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry I don't do the same plays as you so no idea but as a rough rule of thumb, I'd structure it more in terms of themes - depends on the question and play though! There's lots of people on here doing King Lear though if you search around
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
Sorry I don't do the same plays as you so no idea but as a rough rule of thumb, I'd structure it more in terms of themes - depends on the question and play though! There's lots of people on here doing King Lear though if you search around
Ok thanks ☺️
Imy Craig
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Eliza, I was wondering if you do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and the Rivals? If so what would you recommend focussing on for the exam! Thanks
elizahughes
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Imy Craig)
Hi Eliza, I was wondering if you do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and the Rivals? If so what would you recommend focussing on for the exam! Thanks
I do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and Tis Pity She's a Whore, so I can give you some general ideas!

I'm concentrating more on characters within the Tempest, as I have been told there is always a character option, and concentrating more on prevalent themes for the comparison question - the next couple of days I will also look at stage/film adaptations, critics and context. My teacher told me that Section A is more about analysing quotes, and Section B is more about your argument and context. I think I'm also going to look at terminology when I'm revising quotes just to make sure I can present them well in the exam

Hope this helps
Imy Craig
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and Tis Pity She's a Whore, so I can give you some general ideas!

I'm concentrating more on characters within the Tempest, as I have been told there is always a character option, and concentrating more on prevalent themes for the comparison question - the next couple of days I will also look at stage/film adaptations, critics and context. My teacher told me that Section A is more about analysing quotes, and Section B is more about your argument and context. I think I'm also going to look at terminology when I'm revising quotes just to make sure I can present them well in the exam

Hope this helps

Ok, perfect! Thank you so much and good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (47)
9.13%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.72%
No, but I want to start (185)
35.92%
No, I am unable to (119)
23.11%
No, I chose not to (150)
29.13%