Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I probably messed up my resit exams, what to do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12, in sixth form studying BTEC business at level 2 and there's to much work for it and it's getting in the way of my re-sit exams I don't know what to do.
    So in year 11 I was having physical health issues and mental health issues too because of my physical health and I messed up my exams. I am capable of good grades I know that but I basically gave up last year, I only managed to get 3 GCSEs at C and a L2 Pass at BTEC PE. And this year I'm re-sitting some exams which are:
    Maths
    English Lit
    Core and Additional Science
    And I feel as if I really messed up these exams too, there too much pressure with Business studies and I can't fail Business and teachers are piling on assignments during these last 2 months . Also I'm not good at Science or Maths at all, I'm no good except biology but my chemistry and physics grades have always dragged my biology down. I'm much more of a creative person than anything else, I do so well in other subjects like Art, English, drama, music etc. and I know I could've got my grades in these last year but I let my health problems take over and gave up. And I need to pass science and the pressure of chemistry and physics and maths always takes up my time from everything else and I always end up paying too much attention to them rather than other things, but I still don't do well. Does not being able to do science or math make me dumb? I've always felt that way and my family has always made me feel that way. But I was hoping to pass all my resits with a B atleast so I can do A-levels next year, but I think I'm only going to get C's except maybe a B in English Lit. And apparently you need atleast 5 A* to C to be able to do A-levels, but according to the teachers If I got all Cs I still need atleast 2 Bs to be able to do A-levels. And so far I think I'm only getting 1 B which is English Lit. And at A-levels I want to study Art, English, Business and maybe Biology if not Biology then media studies. I really could use some advice at this point, someone please help.

ReputationRep:
    And please excuse my grammar mistakes.
    Thank you

A-levels are really, really hard. Like no joke. Horribly hard. Don't bother going for A-levels without at least As in the subjects you want to take because you'll be wasting 2 years of your life struggling and failing. (learnt this the hard way and i DID get As and A*s at gcse in my a level subjects now). Try to find an apprenticeship and/or go to college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skwonc)
    A-levels are really, really hard. Like no joke. Horribly hard. Don't bother going for A-levels without at least As in the subjects you want to take because you'll be wasting 2 years of your life struggling and failing. (learnt this the hard way and i DID get As and A*s at gcse in my a level subjects now). Try to find an apprenticeship and/or go to college.
    Yes I've heard they're hard. And I did do a lot of thinking before deciding to go for A-Levels and did some research of my own to what the work and exams are like. I'm mostly being told to go for apprenticeship but that not something im really considering. I think I can do A-levels especially if it's studying things I enjoy and I will be picking subject I enjoy. Thank you for your reply though🙂

ReputationRep:
    i am sure that you have done a lot better than you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.