Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can my M2 grade be part of my AS Further maths grade? (MEI) watch

ReputationRep:
    In my AS year, I took AS maths (C1, C2, M1) and in my A2 year, I picked AS Further Maths. My modules for the second year were C3, C4, M2, S1, D1, FP1. I am more confident with my S1 grade than my M2 grade and I was wondering if my A2 maths modules could be arranged as C3, C4, S1 and AS FM modules arranged as FP1, D1 and M2. I'm not sure how it works with MEI and any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rzs)
    In my AS year, I took AS maths (C1, C2, M1) and in my A2 year, I picked AS Further Maths. My modules for the second year were C3, C4, M2, S1, D1, FP1. I am more confident with my S1 grade than my M2 grade and I was wondering if my A2 maths modules could be arranged as C3, C4, S1 and AS FM modules arranged as FP1, D1 and M2. I'm not sure how it works with MEI and any help is appreciated!
    The rules are the same for all exam boards and the units are allocated automatically according to those rules. From the units you have taken Maths has to contain C1-4 and then 2 from from M1, S1 and D1 or M1 and M2. Given that, they are allocated in order to maximise:
    1. Your Maths A level grade
    2. Your FM AS grade
    3. Your Maths A level UMS
    in that order of priority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    The rules are the same for all exam boards and the units are allocated automatically according to those rules. From the units you have taken Maths has to contain C1-4 and then 2 from from M1, S1 and D1 or M1 and M2. Given that, they are allocated in order to maximise:
    1. Your Maths A level grade
    2. Your FM AS grade
    3. Your Maths A level UMS
    in that order of priority.
    Oh, that's great. I read that there was a rule that M1 and M2 have to be placed together in AS and A2 maths. Is that untrue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rzs)
    Oh, that's great. I read that there was a rule that M1 and M2 have to be placed together in AS and A2 maths. Is that untrue?
    Yes, it is untrue. You could have M1, S1 in A-Level maths and M2 in Further Maths if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yes, it is untrue. You could have M1, S1 in A-Level maths and M2 in Further Maths if you wish.
    Ok, that's good to know. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, can you have M2 with maths and M1 with further maths then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBrowsingtsr)
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBrowsingtsr)
    No, the applied units in Maths have to be both 1s (e.g. M1 and S1) or a matched pair of 1 and 2 (e.g. M1 and M2).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.