The Student Room Group

Can my M2 grade be part of my AS Further maths grade? (MEI)

In my AS year, I took AS maths (C1, C2, M1) and in my A2 year, I picked AS Further Maths. My modules for the second year were C3, C4, M2, S1, D1, FP1. I am more confident with my S1 grade than my M2 grade and I was wondering if my A2 maths modules could be arranged as C3, C4, S1 and AS FM modules arranged as FP1, D1 and M2. I'm not sure how it works with MEI and any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by rzs
In my AS year, I took AS maths (C1, C2, M1) and in my A2 year, I picked AS Further Maths. My modules for the second year were C3, C4, M2, S1, D1, FP1. I am more confident with my S1 grade than my M2 grade and I was wondering if my A2 maths modules could be arranged as C3, C4, S1 and AS FM modules arranged as FP1, D1 and M2. I'm not sure how it works with MEI and any help is appreciated!

The rules are the same for all exam boards and the units are allocated automatically according to those rules. From the units you have taken Maths has to contain C1-4 and then 2 from from M1, S1 and D1 or M1 and M2. Given that, they are allocated in order to maximise:

Your Maths A level grade

Your FM AS grade

Your Maths A level UMS

in that order of priority.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
The rules are the same for all exam boards and the units are allocated automatically according to those rules. From the units you have taken Maths has to contain C1-4 and then 2 from from M1, S1 and D1 or M1 and M2. Given that, they are allocated in order to maximise:

Your Maths A level grade

Your FM AS grade

Your Maths A level UMS

in that order of priority.

Oh, that's great. I read that there was a rule that M1 and M2 have to be placed together in AS and A2 maths. Is that untrue?
Reply 3
Original post by rzs
Oh, that's great. I read that there was a rule that M1 and M2 have to be placed together in AS and A2 maths. Is that untrue?

Yes, it is untrue. You could have M1, S1 in A-Level maths and M2 in Further Maths if you wish.
Reply 4
Original post by Zacken
Yes, it is untrue. You could have M1, S1 in A-Level maths and M2 in Further Maths if you wish.

Ok, that's good to know. Thank you!
Just wondering, can you have M2 with maths and M1 with further maths then?
Original post by JustBrowsingtsr

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by JustBrowsingtsr

No, the applied units in Maths have to be both 1s (e.g. M1 and S1) or a matched pair of 1 and 2 (e.g. M1 and M2).

Quick Reply

Latest