Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys, I'm an italian student who lives and studies in Rome.
    I'm gonna be working in the UK for the summer, and I've been asked to complete a p46 form. I don't know if I should tick box D which says:

    "If you left a course of Higher Education before last
    6 April and received your first Student Loan
    instalment on or after 1 September 1998 and
    you have not fully repaid your Student Loan, enter 'X'
    in box D. (If you are required to repay your
    Student Loan through your bank or building
    society account do not enter an 'X' in box D.)"

    I'm confused? I don't receive student loans and surely this only applies for the UK university system?

    Just put N/A maybe?

    To be honest, it might just be worth calling HMRC and asking them what you should do. Messing up tax forms could cause problems later down the line, and it's really not worth the hassle. There might even be a different form for you to fill in which takes account of your circumstances. HMRC certainly looovveee forms... :|

    Good luck
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.