The Student Room Group

I don't think I'll meet my requirements to get into sixth form

Basically, due to a load of personal stuff that's being going on with my family I haven't exact had time to revise for my exams. I know isn't really an excuse but it's really restricted me from maximising revision time, so I know I haven't done as well as my my school thought when they did my predicted grades.

I was predicted all A's except A*'s in both English's and history, and a B in chemistry. I was planning on taking maths, history and government next year but I think, based on the maths exam today, I've probably gotten a B in maths, and a B in a lot of other subjects I was originally predicted A's in.

My chosen sixth form requires 2 A's and 6 B's to get into - which I think I will get - but it's preferred to get an A or above in your chosen subjects. I think this is ok with history and government, but not with maths.

Should I contact the sixth form now or wait until results day? I really don't want to go to another sixth form, but this one is expecting a majority of A's from me which I don't think I'm going to get.
Reply 1
I don't think you have much to worry about . you expect the results you want for history and government so don't worry about that too much . for maths, there might be a chance the grade boundaries will lower as many people didn't like that exam (girls in my school were crying because they also are targeting A's)
pluse hopefully if you get A* in history and government or other subjects and not so well in maths (achieving a B wich is not bad) I'm sure you will get the place as the other subjects you did you got amazing results and it will shadow the maths results.
also there are some people that I know that I knew that have been going through hard family times , but the school knew about this and put it into consideration so when they did their exams I think the college or exam boards knew about this but not sure don't quote me on that
good luck don't worry too much or stress yourself
Reply 2
I don't think its worth contacting them now as there response may just be, you don't have you results so you don't know, but I think you'll be fine tbh, its only preffered if you have an A in your chosen subjects, so its not a requirement, but in the unfortunate case that you didn't get an A in Maths, you can always ring them on that day to confirm you still have a place as they should be open, well at least the high school section for their GCSE results day.
Good luck with the results, and I'm sure you've done fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest