Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if so, do you travel with them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a SL*T to have one.
    Stop creating fancy names for simple prostitution.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely have a sugar daddy :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeepRollingFazzy)
    I definitely have a sugar daddy :perv:
    Sugar mommy :perv:
    *if ur a boy

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    *if ur a boy
    A sugar mommy sounds even better :sexface:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I'm making a documentary on sugar daddies and sugar babies at university, and how women are choosing this route to help fund their life and lifestyle at uni.

It's me (Chloe) and my friend (Alex) and we are students and we just want to have a chat on the phone and stuff - all off the record to start with and we can see if you'd like to be involved in a documentary that will (hopefully) highlight female empowerment, but also how expensive uni can be.

If you're interested, then please whizz me a message!

Thanks
    Chloe
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    *if ur a boy
    No, if you're male, you're vastly more likely to be paid by another man for sex than a woman.

(Original post by shortyprod)
    I'm making a documentary .. if you'd like to be involved in a documentary that will (hopefully) highlight female empowerment
    And this pair need to look at The Student Sex Work Project and remind themselves that the number of male students doing sex work isn't lower than the number of female ones.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if so, do you travel with them?
    Why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Yes we have looked at that project but as women ourselves we thought that we'd find it difficult to identify with and document men's stories. We are only students and we're not making a documentary for the BBC but for our YouTube channel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    I hope you're not planning a career doing non-fiction, whether visual or written or...
    No, I'm not. Not that it would matter if I were - that's why authors do research, to experience what they are writing about.

I'm making this because it's something in interested in and I've never made a documentary before. I don't understand why you're being so harsh with me? If you could tell me what on earth I have done wrong and why you're behaving in such a manner that would be great.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It matters because when someone with an agenda suggests criminalising clients, they invariably talk as if it was only women selling sexual services.

Here's an example from last week: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...riminalisation At no point does she acknowledge that a large chunk of sex workers are men, and this is used to justify denying everyone selling - female, trans and male - agency, choice and 'empowerment'.

It's lovely that you want to do something, but it'd be lovelier if your documentary reflected the reality a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    I wish :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.