Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm going abroad for the first time ever this summer and we're going to a hot country, not sure where yet but we're going to a popular city like Barcelona or Lisbon not a party area like Ibiza or something. I'm going with family, which I know takes my chances down to zero anyway and it's not an objective on this holiday at all. But if you're with friends or if you go alone is it difficult to have sex with a local? It's just a question because my main type are tanned girls and there's obviously plenty more in hot countries? Is it easier or harder than at home and what does it depend on? Again, it's just a question for the future, a question for you to share any experiences or whatever. I'm going to enjoy a great holiday with my family but it intrigues me for the future when I'm a little more independent. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm going abroad for the first time ever this summer and we're going to a hot country, not sure where yet but we're going to a popular city like Barcelona or Lisbon not a party area like Ibiza or something. I'm going with family, which I know takes my chances down to zero anyway and it's not an objective on this holiday at all. But if you're with friends or if you go alone is it difficult to have sex with a local? It's just a question because my main type are tanned girls and there's obviously plenty more in hot countries? Is it easier or harder than at home and what does it depend on? Again, it's just a question for the future, a question for you to share any experiences or whatever. I'm going to enjoy a great holiday with my family but it intrigues me for the future when I'm a little more independent. Thanks!
    I think your chances are practically zero

ReputationRep:
    What a ****ing ridiculous question. The rules are the same everywhere. If you are attractive, confident and full of repartee you will score anywhere. If not, you may well fair even worse in a foreign land.

ReputationRep:
    If you're having to ask then your chances are the same as they would be back in the UK.... 0

This is cyberbullying

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...

Difficult question for me to answer given how I've never had any luck on holiday, plus I've always been with family myself, but what I will say is this; compared to Britain, the girls in these countries appear to be much nicer, open-minded as opposed to the stuck-up, entitled attitude we get here. For me personally, I get more attention aboard because my "tall, dark, handsome" appearance seems to be more appealing to them. *shrug*

That said, as long as you're confident and attractive you stand *some* chance.

Thanks mate, that's the kind of answer I was looking for, cheers for your help. Confidence is key everywhere then, cool.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is a good characteristic to have in any situation, my friend.

I mean, you'll be slightly hindered spending time with your family a lot of the time, but if you find chance to hit the town yourself or have a chat with a girl at the hotel bar, who knows. Like anywhere you just have to find opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking to save some money airbnb are doing a promotion that if you sign up and book accommodation through someone else both people get £20 off if you book through that persons link, I have my link https://www.airbnb.co.in/c/ailishh6?s=3&i=1 might be worth looking at if you haven't booked it yet and I get money towards my interrail trip accomodation so both people benefit haha :')

ReputationRep:
    I think in your current situation it's unlikely, but generally I find foreign guys are much easier than at home, I think it's because they tend to be looking for a short holiday fling. They also see holidayers as different, as that reputation isn't effected. Although don't rule out finding someone this summer being with your family is probably worse for you than them, so they're less likely to be worried.

Generally, I find that you shouldn't be going on holiday for finding a girl, but just to have fun with friends. I live near a holiday destination in England and me and my friends tend to hang out by the beach where most tourists are, so find that the chances of a similar sort of relationship is just as likely at home, if not more, due to foreign guys looking for that kind of fun.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you're going with family, 0 chance..
    With friends hell yeah just hit up a club. From my experience, european girls love sex

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.