Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  499.7 KB
    Attachment 547151547153
    I don't understand why the rate of reaction is 3.125 which it says on the mark scheme. The rate of reaction is calculated by finding the gradient and I did this for four to eight minutes as can be seen in the first photograph. My working is incorrect as the change in y is 7.5. But 7.5/4 = 1.875 not 3.125. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  499.7 KB
    Attachment 547151547153
    I don't understand why the rate of reaction is 3.125 which it says on the mark scheme. The rate of reaction is calculated by finding the gradient and I did this for four to eight minutes as can be seen in the first photograph. My working is incorrect as the change in y is 7.5. But 7.5/4 = 1.875 not 3.125. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    use a tangent bruv, it should tell ya where you got to measure the rate of reaction, is it inital rate of reaction ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    use a tangent bruv, it should tell ya where you got to measure the rate of reaction, is it inital rate of reaction ?
    The question asks to calculate the rate of reaction from 4-8 minutes. I've never used tangents before in such questions...

ReputationRep:
    The question asks to calculate the rate of reaction from 4-8 minutes. I've never used tangents before in such questions...
    well, now is the time to start using them lad.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    well, now is the time to start using them lad.
    No, the question asks for the average, which can get by drawing a line through two points.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    You are asked to compare the rate for the first four minutes with the rate from 4-8

There seems to be an error by the teacher. Point it out politely.

Ignore the comment about tangents - your method is correct for average rate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.