Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do some people revise for hours and hours, and manage such effective revision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tell us your secrets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloitsmee)
    Tell us your secrets
    I have no idea. I always think those people are lying xD I just revise for a few hours a day with no distractions and manage to get good grades, so that's fine by me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't play video games, or have distractions ect... I also really enjoy learning math and being ahead of everyone.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm feeling it I can revise for quiet a long time. Mostly I just make sure I don't have distractions, but that I give myself regular short breaks and that I revise in a way that keeps me interested

ReputationRep:
    I literally do it because i dont want to fail, and want to get into uni with decent grades (As and Bs)
    I have a holiday after exams so that helps as its something to look forward too
    And if you have regular breaks and set oiut a plan of what you want to do its quite easy to dveise from 9-4

ReputationRep:
    practice
    motivation
    set appropriate targets (e.g. get a certain volume of work done rather than 'do 3 hours revision' as then you make yourself focus and are motivated to work harder)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    I don't play video games, or have distractions ect... I also really enjoy learning math and being ahead of everyone.
    Of course Hououin Kyouma enjoys maths... ahahaha
    El Psy Congroo

ReputationRep:
    Its easy, you think to yourself "If I don't revise, then I am a failure"

ReputationRep:
    Well I try to study around 3 hours a day after school. Doesn't always go to plan though xD. I'm currently studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry and those are subjects that I love which makes revising for them much easier. Since I've already finished the syllabus the only revising I do is loads of past papers. That's the only thing I do.

Before I finished the syllabus, I just made notes and did some questions from the topics that I learned.

ReputationRep:
    They sell their souls

ReputationRep:
    I revise for about 6 "clean" hours a day if you exclude all the time wasted on my computer/while eating etc. It's not amazing, but I manage it by taking half-hourly breaks, splitting my revision into morning and evening sessions with a two-hour gap in between, and by trying to revise using different techniques to keep things interesting (say, explaining stuff in economics to my grandma as opposed to writing all my notes down off by heart).

During the exam period (usually a day or two before the actual exam), I manage to do 8-9 hour revision days, but that's only due to the proximity of the exam that forces me to make sure that I've gone over everything and done the absolute maximum that I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian2597)
    Of course Hououin Kyouma enjoys maths... ahahaha
    El Psy Congroo
    Tuturu~
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Tuturu~
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This is the best thing I've seen today ahahahha.
    Have you seen this? I found it so funny.

Name:  13414021_997431333645808_772480255_n.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  58.7 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.