Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking for a job for a while now and i've been on many sites. i've applied to many. Thing is i'm getting my gcse results in august. How can i get a job fast??? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonn229)
    I've been looking for a job for a while now and i've been on many sites. i've applied to many. Thing is i'm getting my gcse results in august. How can i get a job fast??? :/
    Big supermarkets are not good?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Big supermarkets are not good?!
    well i did apply for tesco and i didn't get a reply back..............

ReputationRep:
    well i did apply for tesco and i didn't get a reply back..............
    Go in person and see if you can speak to the manager of the store

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Go in person and see if you can speak to the manager of the store
    i guess it's worth a try, but is there any sites other than indeed you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    So you're doing what I did when I left school, don't panic, firstly, if you haven't already, put your predicted grades for your GCSE's, that what I did.
    Just so you know, I was applying for jobs for the whole summer, from my last GCSE exam till about early August when I finally go an interview, the problem is many jobs what someone with experience and as well, belive it or not, if your grades are fantastic, they may just look at you as someone who won't be staying long and so no point hiring you, this is what my teacher told me when McDonalds rejected me, (btw my grades weren't fantastic, they were good, but not fantastic)

So what I'm saying is, don't lose hope, keep at it, try different supermarkets, retail shops, bakerys, my first jobs was on a Saturdays at Greggs, at the time it was £5.20 an hour, after training £5.60 and when I turned 18 it was £6.80/h, I was there for 3 years and the people I worked with were so nice, and the 50% off Greggs food was a bonus, my pay was at £7.20 by the time I left, what I'm saying is try Greggs too. I'll put a list of places to try underneath coz It's hard to think where to apply next when your doing it.

Sainsbury's Asda Tesco Morrisons Aldi Lidl
    Greggs Booths Boots PoundBakery KFC McDonalds
    Subway TacoBell Footlocker Next New Look River Island
    SuperDry SuperDrug FootLocker Sports Direct (In the list, but wouldn't suggest as my friend had a bad experience eith them)
    Card Factory Clintons Disney Store Debenhams BHS
    IKEA Clas Ohlsons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeymk)
    So you're doing what I did when I left school, don't panic, firstly, if you haven't already, put your predicted grades for your GCSE's, that what I did.
    Just so you know, I was applying for jobs for the whole summer, from my last GCSE exam till about early August when I finally go an interview, the problem is many jobs what someone with experience and as well, belive it or not, if your grades are fantastic, they may just look at you as someone who won't be staying long and so no point hiring you, this is what my teacher told me when McDonalds rejected me, (btw my grades weren't fantastic, they were good, but not fantastic)

So what I'm saying is, don't lose hope, keep at it, try different supermarkets, retail shops, bakerys, my first jobs was on a Saturdays at Greggs, at the time it was £5.20 an hour, after training £5.60 and when I turned 18 it was £6.80/h, I was there for 3 years and the people I worked with were so nice, and the 50% off Greggs food was a bonus, my pay was at £7.20 by the time I left, what I'm saying is try Greggs too. I'll put a list of places to try underneath coz It's hard to think where to apply next when your doing it.

Sainsbury's

Thankyou so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much!!!
    No problem, edited my post cos TSR decided to post before I finished doing my list, but good luck with the job search and let us all know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Use predicted grades.

Apply for retail jobs.

Best thing is to not to apply to popular/big stores since they have so many people applying for those positions and you're unlikely to get that job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeymk)
    No problem, edited my post cos TSR decided to post before I finished doing my list, but good luck with the job search and let us all know how it goes
    will do thankyou again!

ReputationRep:
    Generally tesco don't want anyone who's going to be in full time education later on so apply maybe to WHSmith or a local small shop. Go in person and ask the closest shops nearby you if they have places available for part time work.

ReputationRep:
    Make your CV not **** and most places like restaurants/shops will offer an interview. I know a lot of people you age with jobs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.