Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I left secondary school in 2014 with 9 GCSE's all A*-C and went to study A-levels at a sixth form. However, about half way through year 12 things got tough and I could no longer handle the pressure due to an ongoing mental illness, I suffered in silence but my attendance and work became shockingly bad a couple of months before exam season and the Head of Sixth Form refused to enter me for my AS exams. Obviously this meant that I couldn't progress into A2 and so in September 2015 I began my year 12 resit (feeling much better mentall) everything was going great attendance and study wise until around Christmas time when I suffered a relapse, it went downhill from there and I ended up getting kicked out of the Sixth Form due to poor attendance without a UCAS point to my name. So, basically I want to know what my options are right now, at the minute I'm working full time at Topshop but it's not what I want to be doing years from now. With me being 18 and chronologically in year 13 does it make me too old to apply for a different sixth form to resit again? Is there any sort of access to higher education or foundation degree that I could do at my age or am I too young? Any advice will be appreciated as right now I have no idea what to do or what my options are.

ReputationRep:
    It is not too late! Apply asap

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.