The Student Room Group

Depending on your husband for money in 2016 is deplorable

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Queen-bee* :wink:

There isn't an emoji for that. :colonhash:
There's nothing wrong with it if both partners agree, and the man is okay willing to be the provider. People have a choice, and it's not your life so none of your business.
Lol women can do whatever they want, stop being so bitter.
Original post by Hydeman
There isn't an emoji for that. :colonhash:

There always an emoji for everything :haughty:
Original post by loveleest
Lol women can do whatever they want, stop being so bitter.

Lol at you making it out to be me suppressing women when what i'm saying is the exact opposite (and feminists will agree with me). Anyone relying on their husband is just lazy as ****, can understand it in centuries gone by when men had more opportunities both in education and employment sectors, but now it's an even playing field it's a disgrace.
Reply 85
Can confirm.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Lol at you making it out to be me suppressing women when what i'm saying is the exact opposite (and feminists will agree with me). Anyone relying on their husband is just lazy as ****, can understand it in centuries gone by when men had more opportunities both in education and employment sectors, but now it's an even playing field it's a disgrace.

you poor deluded individual I would (as a guy) happily pay for my wife as I have the big business and I would be making thousands every week maybe every day even so I don't care if my wife wants to do nothing with her time as long as she can be driven and motivated and help me up from a fall when I need with a joke and an ice cold glass of vodka so that i can focus on making the next few thousand
I understand that being a housewife is hard work, but don't working mums and dads (at least with kids old enough to be at school till 3, and not need looking after all day) complete the role of the housewife? E.g. cooking, cleaning, getting kids to and from school?

If so, apart from looking after children instead of putting them in daycare, what does a housewife really do, that working mums don't do? I'm not asking to be rude, but genuinely don't fully understand the role of a housewife.
Why do have such hate for a lifestyle that has 0 effect on yours? And what about stay at home fathers?
You're clearly beta as **** then

beta don't matter when your wrists are worth more than the average car (current value £38,000 plus hands)
i didn't you over the sound of my Mercedes so I'll sit back and enjoy the ride with an ice cold triple gray goose
Original post by jamesthehustler
beta don't matter when your wrists are worth more than the average car (current value £38,000 plus hands)
i didn't you over the sound of my Mercedes so I'll sit back and enjoy the ride with an ice cold triple gray goose

38,000 on your wrist, and you post on TSR....:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Esoteric-
38,000 on your wrist, and you post on TSR....:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't pay that of course
I'm in the trade but that what the insurance would pay me if I lost my pieces
I paid £17,000
I didn't pay that of course
I'm in the trade but that what the insurance would pay me if I lost my pieces
I paid £17,000

Original post by TimmonaPortella

i just adding a fair correction if i paid £38,000 for that I'd have chosen death

*Grey Goose.

Maybe look at your fictional bottle next time to see how it's spelt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
I assume you're are referring to those that live in economically advanced countries?
(edited 7 years ago)
I think the whole point of the emancipation of women is that they now have the CHOICE to either work or be a housewife :smile:
Original post by tanyapotter
I think the whole point of the emancipation of women is that they now have the CHOICE to either work or be a housewife :smile:

Men don't have the choice of working or being a househusband (and before anyone says they do, practically this would never/extremely rarely happen). In this day and age men and women have equal opportunities in education/employment sectors so there's no real excuse for sitting at home whilst a man provides for you. As I've said in previous posts I can understand it when there's young kids involved but people who do it before and after kids are just lazy. Somebody in one of the posts above hit the nail on the head, that millions of working mums and dads do the same role as housewives on top of their jobs (cook, clean, look after kids etc.)
feminism folks, turning women into men and men into women since 1960
In this day and age when women's rights have come so far, there's still so many women who are are willing to marry for money, which is quite frankly a disgrace. Women who are housewives also need to take a long hard look at themselves and reassess their lives, as it's basically an admission that they can't be assed to work hard for themselves so they'll marry someone who does it for them. Also Muslim women who say this in 2016 are wrong as well, in the past it's been somewhat dangerous for a woman to work but there's no excuse now not to go to university and get a good job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

housewifery is a noble calling; women are especially excellent at it ?

Quick Reply