Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I messed up paper 2. I did the last question badly. I think I will get a low-B and I want at least an A.
    Should I retake this paper longside the A2 next year? Or just concentrate on the A2?

ReputationRep:
    will it be a lot of work to resit one paper alongside a2?

ReputationRep:
    you already retake your As ......that's how the new spec works.
    your AS are pretty much mocks to stay in school, you redo all your exams next year in one go, including this years one, so yeah yoyr already retaking, all you need to do is get a D to stay in school .

And your a fool if you think B is a bad grade , even a low one. Need to leave those GCSE mentality behind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    you already retake your As ......that's how the new spec works.
    your AS are pretty much mocks to stay in school, you redo all your exams next year in one go, including this years one, so yeah yoyr already retaking, all you need to do is get a D to stay in school .

And your a fool if you think B is a bad grade , even a low one. Need to leave those GCSE mentality behind
    i am using the old spec, so it is still modular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylifeapple)
    i am using the old spec, so it is still modular.
    Oh in that case, you can happily retake, though in some schools you have to pay ( counting on the exam, it can range from 16-32 pounds for each exam) ; your best mark is taken as well.
    I personally Didn't retake anything, since im a lazy **** and i knew i couldnt revise for AS+A2, but its possible, pretty much 50%+ of my year is retaking 1/2 AS or more, so yeah its 100% possible. AS is also much easier once you learn A2, for some subjects.
    But like i said, youll have to be mad to retake with a B..... no one retakes with a B, unless you want to do a harder subject at uni. If i got a B, and i did, i would 100% focus on A2. counting on the subject your doing. ( e.g: if your doin history, youll have to learn the whole course on your own and that isnt exactly easy, but i know people who have done it )

honestly watch when result day comes and most your year gets C/D's ... then you might rethink retaking with a B. I thought i did unwell with B's/c's untill my friend told me he wasnt even getting into year 13... since he got DDEE, then i didnt mind the B's/c's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    Oh in that case, you can happily retake, though in some schools you have to pay ( counting on the exam, it can range from 16-32 pounds for each exam) ; your best mark is taken as well.
    I personally Didn't retake anything, since im a lazy **** and i knew i couldnt revise for AS+A2, but its possible, pretty much 50%+ of my year is retaking 1/2 AS or more, so yeah its 100% possible. AS is also much easier once you learn A2, for some subjects.
    But like i said, youll have to be mad to retake with a B..... no one retakes with a B, unless you want to do a harder subject at uni. If i got a B, and i did, i would 100% focus on A2. counting on the subject your doing. ( e.g: if your doin history, youll have to learn the whole course on your own and that isnt exactly easy, but i know people who have done it )
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylifeapple)
    Thank you
    no worries, good luck with your exams and all. And get ready for the horrible day thatll be results day, always fun to see AS students open their results, expecting great grades and getting D's/E's.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.