Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Note to Mods: Please don't move it, its meant to be here.

So whos decided to take a gap year and what are your plans? I'm interested to know, coz I'm coming to an end of mine.

I'm only about to start AS's, but i thought you'd like to know that my sister is going to Australia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'm only about to start AS's, but i thought you'd like to know that my sister is going to Australia.
    oh right, is she going on her own?

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to take a gap year. In university. Honk honk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I've decided to take a gap year. In university. Honk honk!
    lol decided to come to cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    lol decided to come to cambridge?
    Yup. Registered my choice with my school yesterday .

oh right, is she going on her own?
    I think she's going with two of her friends, who she's currently with in devon, their plan was to sunbathe on a beach but they picked a crap few days for that, so instead they're going to watch TV all day for the few days that they're there. I don't really think there was much point in risking their lives in a car with her friend who's only just passed her test for that, but nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Registered my choice with my school yesterday .
    what are you gonna do?

I think she's going with two of her friends, who she's currently with in devon, their plan was to sunbathe on a beach but they picked a crap few days for that, so instead they're going to watch TV all day for the few days that they're there. I don't really think there was much point in risking their lives in a car with her friend who's only just passed her test for that, but nevermind.
    oh dear, seems likea waste. but they should be careful though.

ReputationRep:
    Note to Mods: Please don't move it, its meant to be here.

So whos decided to take a gap year and what are your plans? I'm interested to know, coz I'm coming to an end of mine.
    I've not decided to, but I will be if I miss my uni offer (which is looking quite likely). If that happens, I'll be working part-time until January to save up some cash alongside resitting a few exams, and then once they're done jetting off to Australia with two friends to work/travel out there, possibly followed by some more travelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I've not decided to, but I will be if I miss my uni offer (which is looking quite likely). If that happens, I'll be working part-time until January to save up some cash alongside resitting a few exams, and then once they're done jetting off to Australia with two friends to work/travel out there, possibly followed by some more travelling
    lol cool, seems like everyones going to australia :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    good idea to take a gap year now cos in 2k5 they aint gonna have tha top up fees

ReputationRep:
    lol cool, seems like everyones going to australia :rolleyes:
    Yup, sounds like the place to be How did you spend your gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasedIt)
    good idea to take a gap year now cos in 2k5 they aint gonna have tha top up fees
    what you mean?

(Original post by slowjamz)
    Yup, sounds like the place to be How did you spend your gap year?
    i didnt go anywhere. i got a part time job and been saving up evern since, hopefully it'll help me out a bit. i would loved to have gone somewhere though...

lol cool, seems like everyones going to australia
    When my turn comes i'll get a job and save all the money i earn. That's a classic example of the difference in personality between my sister and i, basically she isn't boring. I'm pleased she's going to Australia for a year though, couldn't be a larger distance from me.

ReputationRep:
    When my turn comes i'll get a job and save all the money i earn. That's a classic example of the difference in personality between my sister and i, basically she isn't boring. I'm pleased she's going to Australia for a year though, couldn't be a larger distance from me.
    lol you dont get along?

lol you dont get along?
    Neither well nor badly, somewhere in between, she has her nice moments but usually she's a snobby cow that snaps at you for nothing just because her friend couldn't give her a lift to a party or something. I also resent that we used to both go to private schooloing, then my dad said that he couldn't afford us both to go and i offered to go to a new school, and leave all my friends behind, and she never said thank you for that or anything, but that's just stupid family issues that nobody wants to her.

ReputationRep:
    what are you gonna do?
    Well I'm applying to do Computer Science at Queens'. What I'll actually end up doing is questionable.

ReputationRep:
    Neither well nor badly, somewhere in between, she has her nice moments but usually she's a snobby cow that snaps at you for nothing just because her friend couldn't give her a lift to a party or something. I also resent that we used to both go to private schooloing, then my dad said that he couldn't afford us both to go and i offered to go to a new school, and leave all my friends behind, and she never said thank you for that or anything, but that's just stupid family issues that nobody wants to her.
    oh right, thats abit ungreatful. do you still keep intouch with those friends?

Well I'm applying to do Computer Science at Queens'. What I'll actually end up doing is questionable.
    lol oh right, i'm sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    If I don't make my firm choice, then I've decided to take a gap year. I'll reapply, look up about a few schemes I read about such as teaching English in Japan/etc, get a job and do a few more courses at college I quite fancy trying my luck at a science and doing an italian/french/spanish for beginners course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    If I don't make my firm choice, then I've decided to take a gap year. I'll reapply, look up about a few schemes I read about such as teaching English in Japan/etc, get a job and do a few more courses at college I quite fancy trying my luck at a science and doing an italian/french/spanish for beginners course!
    evenin kate,

hey that sounds like a great idea, you get to earn money and travel! why do you wanna go to japan?

i'm surprise not many people wants to go to america??

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.