The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
F. Poste
If I don't make my firm choice, then I've decided to take a gap year. I'll reapply, look up about a few schemes I read about such as teaching English in Japan/etc, get a job and do a few more courses at college :smile: I quite fancy trying my luck at a science and doing an italian/french/spanish for beginners course!

Yup, I may do that if I don't get a Cam offer. With everything after the second comma replaced with "then eat, sleep and watch TV for a year."
Fly By
do you still keep intouch with those friends?

Only the one that was my best friend, and i've known him since before we went to that school anyway because he lives two minutes away from me, we've known eachother since we were 3.
Reply 22
tis_me_lord
Only the one that was my best friend, and i've known him since before we went to that school anyway because he lives two minutes away from me, we've known eachother since we were 3.

oh right, well at least you still got him.

but your sister was a bit ungreatful!
Reply 23
Fly By
evenin kate,

hey that sounds like a great idea, you get to earn money and travel! why do you wanna go to japan?

i'm surprise not many people wants to go to america??

I do, but I wouldn't go on my gap year unless there was a scheme there :smile: I read that one of the "teach english" scheme things was based in Japan, I'd love to go there as it seems totally different and beautiful.. and I could stock up on my Hello Kitty stuff :biggrin: I don't know too much about the place, obviously I'd have to read up on it if I don't make my offer!
Reply 24
Zapsta
Yup, I may do that if I don't get a Cam offer. With everything after the second comma replaced with "then eat, sleep and watch TV for a year."

Don't think that'd impress them enough to give you an offer second time round :tongue:
Reply 25
F. Poste
I do, but I wouldn't go on my gap year unless there was a scheme there :smile: I read that one of the "teach english" scheme things was based in Japan, I'd love to go there as it seems totally different and beautiful.. and I could stock up on my Hello Kitty stuff :biggrin: I don't know too much about the place, obviously I'd have to read up on it if I don't make my offer!

hehe, yeah there are loads of them schemes in the far east. i've met a few people on here who was going to do the same thing. should be a really good experience..

i would love to go to japan one day. *remembers lost in translation :wink:* but stuff there really expensive though :frown: it'll be a nightmare seeing all thosehightech gadgets and no money!

what hello kitty stuff you got now? :biggrin:
Reply 26
Fly By
hehe, yeah there are loads of them schemes in the far east. i've met a few people on here who was going to do the same thing. should be a really good experience..

i would love to go to japan one day. *remembers lost in translation :wink:* but stuff there really expensive though :frown: it'll be a nightmare seeing all thosehightech gadgets and no money!

what hello kitty stuff you got now? :biggrin:

:biggrin: Not much, some stationary, some stamps, a handbag, a small cuddly HK! I have friends who bought me most of that :biggrin:
Reply 27
F. Poste
:biggrin: Not much, some stationary, some stamps, a handbag, a small cuddly HK! I have friends who bought me most of that :biggrin:

lol :rolleyes:

check this out: http://www.uk-learning.net/member_9209.html :biggrin:
Reply 28
F. Poste
Don't think that'd impress them enough to give you an offer second time round :tongue:

Plans subject to change then :tongue:
Fly By
Note to Mods: Please don't move it, its meant to be here.

So whos decided to take a gap year and what are your plans? I'm interested to know, coz I'm coming to an end of mine.

yeah i'm doing one :biggrin:

Around the 20th August i fly to Beijing, spend a few days there, then i goto a town in western china called Dongying in the Shandong province. I will teach conversational english there for a year in 'Shengli Oilfield Skills University' (a teacher training college). In my holidays i'll do alot of travelling around China. I can't wait!

When i'm done with that i'm going to Collingwood college, Durham to read Law (Oct 2005).

I'll have a pc and internet in my apartment where i'll be working in china so i'll try to keep on posting on ukl.
Reply 30
iiikewldude
yeah i'm doing one :biggrin:

Around the 20th August i fly to Beijing, spend a few days there, then i goto a town in western china called Dongying in the Shandong province. I will teach conversational english there for a year in 'Shengli Oilfield Skills University' (a teacher training college). In my holidays i'll do alot of travelling around China. I can't wait!

When i'm done with that i'm going to Collingwood college, Durham to read Law (Oct 2005).

I'll have a pc and internet in my apartment where i'll be working in china so i'll try to keep on posting on ukl.

oh cool, that sounds wicked! so you finally decided to go to china then! will you be able to take some pictures and send it back to us? i would love to see them...
Fly By
oh cool, that sounds wicked! so you finally decided to go to china then! will you be able to take some pictures and send it back to us? i would love to see them...

yeah i've got some ftp storage space and i'll put tons of pics up and create a site for everyone to visit :tongue:

I'm looking forwards to it but it's going to be scary being away for a whole year
Reply 32
iiikewldude
yeah i've got some ftp storage space and i'll put tons of pics up and create a site for everyone to visit :tongue:

I'm looking forwards to it but it's going to be scary being away for a whole year

oh wicked, tell us the address when you're done! it would be cool to see.

yeah, but being away in such a different place for so long and seeing different things does make your life more satifsying though...its like that feeling you get when you come back froma long holiday. except this would be a whole part of your life!
Fly By

So whos decided to take a gap year and what are your plans? I'm interested to know, coz I'm coming to an end of mine.

Well, I want to work until the end of next july and then go to japan for a month.
wiwarin_mir
Well, I want to work until the end of next july and then go to japan for a month.

why not spend a whole year teaching in Japan. It's not that hard to arrange.
iiikewldude
why not spend a whole year teaching in Japan. It's not that hard to arrange.

I could do, but I need to rustle up some money first.
wiwarin_mir
I could do, but I need to rustle up some money first.

rustle up some money by working in Japan rather than the boring old uk??? It can be done.
iiikewldude
rustle up some money by working in Japan rather than the boring old uk??? It can be done.

it could be, but I want to go to japan and have fun rather than having to teach.
wiwarin_mir
it could be, but I want to go to japan and have fun rather than having to teach.

yeah i suppose, i can't tell u what u want. but teaching english is a great way to really get to know a country.
Reply 39
Fly By

Same here I worked through the majority of mine, trying to save enough money to actually afford to go to a London uni, and I haven't done to badly. Gave it all up about a month and a half ago, so I'm just relaxing now, and going on holiday soon for two weeks with my boyfriend. I'd advise anybody to do a gap year!

Latest

Trending

Trending