The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rihana.c
I did , I put it would still contain the diseased allele but I'm not sure if its right

I put testicles instead of testes, same thing right???

i did the same thing its more than likely to be correct because testes and testicles are the same.
can you put the marks next to the questions please?
Original post by Striker_007
i did the same thing its more than likely to be correct because testes and testicles are the same.

yeh you're right
Reply 503
Original post by F4RH4N_70
For the probability question what if I wrote 1/2 instead of 50%??

That should be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 504
Original post by iLukeAi
You know that question where it asked something like "why dont they use cells from the umbilical cord to treat genetic diseases?' Did anyone else put that these cells would still have the same DNA as the rest of the cells so you cant treat it?

That's exactly what I put

Posted from TSR Mobile
can you put the marks next to the questions please?
Reply 506
Original post by Striker_007

cool thanks
Original post by pinkcat010
I think its 50%

I wrote 2:2=50%
Will I get a mark for that?
Reply 508
Original post by 11masanda002
I wrote the exact same thing for this question, would it get full marks?

Yes, it should get full marks because its correct and accurate and contains a keyword haemoglobin.
for the quadrats I got 20 times 0.625 which gave me 12.5 and then I did 5000 divided by 12.5 to get 400, I dnt know what I was doing..
Original post by Naco88
I think it is also spelt as testies so if you spelt it like that then yes.

Yeah I think that's how I spelt it and when you google it the same results come up
I said Genitals instead of testes,will they give me the mark? I feel worried about this:frown:
last question:
-geographically isolated
-different environmental conditions
-mutation causes variation
-natural selection occurs and only the best adapted survive
-old population can no longer interbreed with the new population
Is there a C2 thread?
More questions I can remember:
For the stem cells: why is it better to use stem cells from an umbilical cord instead of an embryo?
Why is it better to save a persons stem cells for use on themselves in later life?
Why can't stem cells cure genetic disorders?

Thanks for the great markscheme, let's get it up to all 60 marks of answers. I'll help for the physics and chemistry later this week.
Original post by markschememate
More questions I can remember:
For the stem cells: why is it better to use stem cells from an umbilical cord instead of an embryo?
Why is it better to save a persons stem cells for use on themselves in later life?
Why can't stem cells cure genetic disorders?

Thanks for the great markscheme, let's get it up to all 60 marks of answers. I'll help for the physics and chemistry later this week.

how many marks were these questions worth?
Reply 516
I thought the sex sigh for the female was xx and male was xy
Reply 517
For the one marker where the answer was "testes" would the examiner accept a miss spelling and allow a mark if "testes" was spelt "testies"?
B3 unofficial markscheme 10/06/16 ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fatcat302
I put BB Bb Bb bb for the genotypes, but gametes are the sex cells, X Y for males and XX for females

The genotypes was the parents genotypes which were Bb and Bb. You were meant to put the offsprings genotypes in separately. And yes sorry, the gametes were XX and XY

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending