Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys lets make a unofficial mark scheme as a community! Drop me some question numbers and the questions along with the answers and i'll make a mark scheme.

1) -Diffusion-
    a)
    i) Diffusion
    ii) Active Transport

b) A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis through the partially permeable membrane.

c) B - There was the smallest different between the outside of the bag and the inside. 5% sugar solution outside and 4.2% inside therefore the mass will only change SLIGHTLY.

3) -6 Marker on the Blood-

A was red blood cells, they have no nucleus and carry haemoglobin which combines with oxygen to make oxyhaemoglobin, they carry oxygen from the lung to the cells in the body and then oxyhemoglobin break into oxygen and haemoglobin for exchange
    B was white blood cell, produce antibodies to kill pathogens, and antitoxin to neutralise the toxin produced by harmful microorganisms
    C was platelets, they help the blood to clot at a wound to stop excessive bleeding and stop microorganism from entering.

-Difference between Artery and Vein-

Artery carries oxygenated blood to the leg from the heart and the vein carries deoxygenated blood from the leg to the heart.
    Artery contains dark-red red blood cells and the vein contain pinkish red, red blood cells. (not sure if this is correct)

-Deforestation-

Give to reasons why deforestation is taking place:

1) Increase in agriculture. More people are grazing animals and using forest for rice fields.
    2) Forest area is cleared for plants for ethanol produce or Rapid Population growth forests are cleared for more land for homes.

Describe the deforestation happening in Asia (using the map):

Forests in the south east of Asia have been cleared rapidly from 1979 to 2010. Also many of the areas cleared are closer to the coastlines and on the outskirts of the land. (I have no idea if this is correct)

What are 2 effects of deforestation on the ecosystem:

1) The rate of carbon dioxide removed from the atmosphere decreases as tree's are cut down and less carbon dioxide is absorbed
    2) Reduce in biodiversity.

8) -Stem Cell Burgers-

Likely to reduce global warming because: less carbon dioxide produced from livestock. Less/no methane produced from the gases released by livestock.

Advantages: less land intensive and quicker.

9) -Producing MycroProtein-

Fungus fusarium is grown on glucose syrup to produce energy and good in a fermenter. It is kept is aerobic condition with oxygen and nitrogen coming in as the sterile gas. The nitrogen is used for growth and production of amino acids. Waste gases are removed from the fermenter to prevent any foreign pathogens from growing. Once the fermentation is complete the fusarium is harvested and purified, finally dried to create mycroprotein a food for human consumption.

ReputationRep:
    Q1) Diffusion, Active transport

ReputationRep:
    What was the question number for the 6 mark question on the blood?
    What was the question number for the last question of fusarium?
    What was the question number to find the difference in artery and vain?

ReputationRep:
    There was no mention of blood??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaaaaad)
    There are two different specs: One had blood and the other had mineral ions.. xylem and phloem

ReputationRep:
    Ohh right sorry never mind then my bad !

ReputationRep:
    there was also a question on describe the map and why the forests are disappearing
    the effect deforestation has on ecosystem
    give reasons why deforestation leads to global warming (or something like that)
    why is deforestation happening, give 2 reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaaaaad)
    It was the 6 mark question, number 3 where they test your SPaG

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what the transportation of ions answer was? Also the link between CO2 and stomata?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous4004)
    does anyone know what the transportation of ions answer was? Also the link between CO2 and stomata?
    On the absorption and transport of ions, water and sugar:

Ions are absorbed in the roots via active transport due to their concentration, while water is absorbed via osmosis.
    Water and ions are transported via xylem vessels (made up of dead plant cells) up toward the leaves where the water can be used in photosynthesis.
    If not, it is lost from the plant when it diffuses out of the leaf. More water from the xylem replaces this, creating a transpiration stream throughout the plant.
    Glucose (C6H12O6) is transported via phloem vessels (made of living plant cells) from the leaves to the rest of the plant where it is used for a variety of purposes (my example was the growth of roots, could be seeds/starch/etc)

Should pass for the full six marks.

The link between CO2 stomata was essentially that the more CO2 present in the environment, the less stomata you need to acquire enough of it for photosynthesis.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeHorsey)
    On the absorption and transport of ions, water and sugar:

Ions are absorbed in the roots via active transport due to their concentration, while water is absorbed via osmosis.
    Water and ions are transported via xylem vessels (made up of dead plant cells) up toward the leaves where the water can be used in photosynthesis.
    If not, it is lost from the plant when it diffuses out of the leaf. More water from the xylem replaces this, creating a transpiration stream throughout the plant.
    Glucose (C6H12O6) is transported via phloem vessels (made of living plant cells) from the leaves to the rest of the plant where it is used for a variety of purposes (my example was the growth of roots, could be seeds/starch/etc)

Should pass for the full six marks.

The link between CO2 stomata was essentially that the more CO2present in the environment, the less stomata you need to acquire enough of it for photosynthesis.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    b) A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis through the partially permeable membrane

Was it not a sugar solution so moves by Active transport as there was a lower concentration outside than inside

ReputationRep:
    I think you have got the wrong 6 marker for that paper it was about mineral ions and water and sugars in plants

ReputationRep:
    xmfmcn

1) -Diffusion-
    a)
    i) Diffusion
    ii) Active Transport

b) A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis through the partially permeable membrane.

c) B - There was the smallest different between the outside of the bag and the inside. 5% sugar solution outside and 4.2% inside therefore the mass will only change SLIGHTLY.

3) transport of water and glucose
    6marker
    Water +mineral ions transported via roots to xylem then up the plant. Water-osmosis, ions - active transport. Chlophyll traps light for photosynthesis this makes glucose. Transported by phloem downwards to storage organs and growing regions.

Artery carries oxygenated blood to the leg from the heart and the vein carries deoxygenated blood from the leg to the heart.
    Artery contains dark-red red blood cells and the vein contain pinkish red, red blood cells. (not sure if this is correct)

-Deforestation-

1) Increase in agriculture. More people are grazing animals and using forest for rice fields.
    2) Forest area is cleared for plants for ethanol produce or Rapid Population growth forests are cleared for more land for homes.

Forests in the south east of Asia have been cleared rapidly from 1979 to 2010. Also many of the areas cleared are closer to the coastlines and on the outskirts of the land. (I have no idea if this is correct)

1) The rate of carbon dioxide removed from the atmosphere decreases as tree's are cut down and less carbon dioxide is absorbed

8) -Stem Cell Burgers-

Likely to reduce global warming because: less carbon dioxide produced from livestock. Less/no methane produced from the gases released by livestock.

Fungus fusarium is grown on glucose syrup to produce energy and good in a fermenter. It is kept is aerobic condition with oxygen and nitrogen coming in as the sterile gas. The nitrogen is used for growth and production of amino acids. Waste gases are removed from the fermenter to prevent any foreign pathogens from growing. Once the fermentation is complete the fusarium is harvested and purified, finally dried to create mycroprotein a food for human consumption.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syedronaldo)
    b) A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis through the partially permeable membrane

Was it not a sugar solution so moves by Active transport as there was a lower concentration outside than inside
    They said the bag had partially permeable membrane so only water could pass acroos the membrane by osmosis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odonnell234)
    I think you have got the wrong 6 marker for that paper it was about mineral ions and water and sugars in plants
    Nop, he has the right six marker for the further additional biology paper, you are just on the wrong thread because there was two papers and ur is probably the triple science one so u need to go to this thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4155883
    In which you will find YOUR paper's unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Hey guys lets make a unofficial mark scheme as a community! Drop me some question numbers and the questions along with the answers and i'll make a mark scheme.

1) -Diffusion-
    a)
    i) Diffusion
    ii) Active Transport

3) -6 Marker on the Blood-

A was red blood cells, they have no nucleus and carry haemoglobin which combines with oxygen to make oxyhaemoglobin, they carry oxygen from the lung to the cells in the body and then oxyhemoglobin break into oxygen and haemoglobin for exchange
    B was white blood cell, produce antibodies to kill pathogens, and antitoxin to neutralise the toxin produced by harmful microorganisms
    C was platelets, they help the blood to clot at a wound to stop excessive bleeding and stop microorganism from entering.

-Deforestation-

8) -Stem Cell Burgers-

Fungus fusarium is grown on glucose syrup to produce energy and good in a fermenter. It is kept is aerobic condition with oxygen and nitrogen coming in as the sterile gas. The nitrogen is used for growth and production of amino acids. Waste gases are removed from the fermenter to prevent any foreign pathogens from growing. Once the fermentation is complete the fusarium is harvested and purified, finally dried to create mycroprotein a food for human consumption.

For the stem cell one, that there will be a higher yield of meat and it is alot more efficnet. Is that right????

ReputationRep:
    There was a 6 marker on how the body responds to a high core body temperature

ReputationRep:
    For the six mark question, I didn't see the A,B,C, etc but I described and explained all the features of the cells in the blood, including the blood plasma. Will I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    the blood one involves CO2 concentration as another point. Deforestation I talked about need for timber?
    Also stem cell burgers - I put more protein rich produce?? and no need to raise the cow? idk... also I didnt mention fusarium or nitrogen - how many marks lost on that 4 marker?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.