Al111uz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone here is doing the exam and wants to chat about how they're revising for it? My teacher advised me to revise workshop processes. Also, any insights into the specification for design? (needs of elderly when gardening)
AutumnSummers
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really hope its storage units for Section A :O
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, can we just mention how f*cked I am.
Bulletzone
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
>Don't worry too much. There has always been a question on a products/materials effect on the environment, make sure you can say a solid 8 points for that.
>Download Gojimo and Download the Resistant Materials Pack for last hour revision.
>Make sure you have 3 Specification points with a reason.
>Be good at drawing.
>I'd strongly advise you to start with section B. Simply because in the Mock, I was never given the Preliminary material sheet and I spent 1 Hour 20 minutes on SECTION A! This Time I was given the Preliminary Material sheet (Of course) and I'm still going to start with section B as it is worth a lot more marks.
Bulletzone
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Al111uz)
Hi, just wondering if anyone here is doing the exam and wants to chat about how they're revising for it? My teacher advised me to revise workshop processes. Also, any insights into the specification for design? (needs of elderly when gardening)
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
Yeah, can we just mention how f*cked I am.
What sort of designs have you done?
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bulletzone)
What sort of designs have you done?
Well I have tried to do x3 sitting stools and kneeling pad things, x3 garden tools and x3 tool transportation products. I'm really stuck on construction methods. How the hell can I write about how to put an ergonomic stool together or tool trolley????!!!!!!
Bulletzone
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
Well I have tried to do x3 sitting stools and kneeling pad things, x3 garden tools and x3 tool transportation products. I'm really stuck on construction methods. How the hell can I write about how to put an ergonomic stool together or tool trolley????!!!!!!
I'm not doing kneeling pad things, or garden tools. Simply because it won't come up.

Just make things up like i have XD
e.g. Angle of this is to minimise pressure on wrist.
or
Kept at an average standing height so they don't have to bend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (86)
31.16%
Less motivated (190)
68.84%

Watched Threads