Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the paper??

What processes should I definitely make sure I know etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brewah)
    Any predictions for the paper??

What processes should I definitely make sure I know etc.
    I hated that paper

ReputationRep:
    I've got a strong feeling that these will definitely come up:

• Formula mass calculations (% of an elemnt in a compound/empirical formula).
    • Electrolysis
    • Catalysts/rates of reactions
    • Oxides, hydroxides and Ammonia

ReputationRep:
    Mean Question: 5.75 degrees celsius (2 marks)

Apparatus Question: Digital thermometer, more accurate (2 marks)

Trends of graph Question: Describe trend of graph, value goes up and how it stops (3 marks)

Reversible reaction Question: Endothermic (1 mark)

Percentage question: 82.4% (rounded up) (3 marks)

Neutral pH question: pH = 7 (1 mark)

Neutralisation equation: H+ + OH- = H2O (1 mark)

*??? question???* Aluminium chloride (1 mark)

6 mark question: 200kg, explain why using graphs (6 marks)

subatomic particles question: 8 protons 8 neutrons (2 marks)

Isotope question: Define an isotope, talk about neutrons and protons (3 marks)

Electronic structure: two bonded pairs, 2 lone pairs of electrons (2 marks)

what type of bonding? covalent bonding (1 mark)

why do they not conduct electricity? no overall charge (1 mark)

nano particles question: 1-100nm (1 mark) *probably wrong*
    nano particles have greater surface area (1 mark) *probably wrong*

Cloudy solution question: precipitate sulfur formed, solid and insoluble (2 marks)

Rate of reaction question: rate of reaction increases, more kinetic energy, frequent collisions, activation energy (4 marks)

Change the investigation question: change concentrations of acid (1 mark)

That's all i remember...

(these are NOT 100% correct, I may be wrong, its just brief notes from what i remember putting)

ReputationRep:
    For the question you have marked as Aluminium chloride. The question was about the salt made from ammonium and hydrochloric acid. I put ammonium chloride. Its definitely not aluminium.

For nanoparticles, i believe surface area is correct as they have a very high surface area to volune ratio. For the size it asks in relation to an atom. Nanoparticles are larger than atoms. The smallest being made of 100 or so atoms.

ReputationRep:
    Three other questions:
    Why does copper conduct electricity? Talk about its structure and bonding?

Why is diamond hard?

Why is a thermosetting polymwr more suitable than a thermosoftenning polymer for a saucepan handle?

Each was 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Message removed.

ReputationRep:
    hi, hope your chem exam went well! Im an A2 student and I printed off all the past questions from past papers for the topics Inorganic reactions, periodicity and test tube reactions, and also attached the mark schemes to these questions, then stapled them into separate booklets according to topic. I didnt get round to completing them so if anyone wants them pm me and i can post them out to you if you like. I understand you can print them off yourselves however it would save time for you i guess (so i thought id see if they could be of any use before i binned them)

Also, I'm selling my Collins Unit 1, 2, 4, and 5 student support materials books, and these books were literally the only thing i used at A level to help me through the course. Although I know the AQA specification has changed this year so I don't know how much use these resources will be as I havent seen the new spec! but please let me know if you're interested :-) good luck with A2 (though im sure you're all bright sparks who don't need it!!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.