Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically my course has that 25% from 2nd year and 75% from final year type of degree classification. However although i have more than 25% of good grades in second year my overall average is still low because of some bad grades in Semester A.

So now I was just wondering, based on this, does my uni look at grades specifically from each module so it doesn't matter than my year average is 2;2 or will it still go on my transcript as a 2:2? or will it go on as me having achieved my 25% from 2nd year?

I don't understand if i should be angry because i got a **** average and didn't hit my target or if i should be happy because i got 4 high grades which i can use as my 25%.

Can someone please help and explain this too me about whether the yearly classification matters or if it's more about the individual grade results??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They don't take 25% of your 2nd year grades and 75% of your third year grades. They take an average of your 2nd year grades and that makes up 25% of your degree, then the other 75% is made up of the average of your 3rd year grades.

So you calculate it like this:

(your second year average * 0.25) + (your third year average * 0.75) = your final average, which turns into your classification

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh thankyou so much for explaining this to me. It's been confusing me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.