Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study history, or something related to it, at university, preferably one of the Russell Group. However, I missed my History GCSE exam on Monday due to illness. They're giving me an average, but my second history exam is source based, so hard to prepare for, and I only found out yesterday what it was actually on. I'm worried that because of this, I won't get an A* in History, although I'm hoping for at least an A. How much would this affect my Uni applications, seeing as I was ill?

ReputationRep:
    Mate I know people who got C's in GCSE history and got A's in A level history. Likewise I've seen people got A's in GCSE history who've struggled to get C's at A level.

Don't worry it's fine, it won't affect your university application if you smash the A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    Mate I know people who got C's in GCSE history and got A's in A level history. Likewise I've seen people got A's in GCSE history who've struggled to get C's at A level.

Don't worry it's fine, it won't affect your university application if you smash the A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! That's really reassuring

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure on UCAS when you apply for uni, you can declare that circumstances like illness prevented you from taking the exam and getting the grade and they take that into account.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.