Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So reluctantly, I am sitting this qualification in two weeks time. Anyone got any tips or is in the same boat as me? (I am completely going to fail lol)

ReputationRep:
    Yep - I'm in the same boat! Hoping I can get a C at least.
    Baring in mind I only answered about 4 questions in my mock and just put "2" for the rest of the answers in a bid that maybe one of them is right and I got a C, I don't think/I hope it's not that hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finlaycollins)
    Yep - I'm in the same boat! Hoping I can get a C at least.
    Baring in mind I only answered about 4 questions in my mock and just put "2" for the rest of the answers in a bid that maybe one of them is right and I got a C, I don't think/I hope it's not that hard!
    Yes, I'd be happy with a C too. We can just pray for low grade boundaries haha.

ReputationRep:
    It's only 33/175 for a c
    Surely you should be aiming higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafc141)
    It's only 33/175 for a c
    Surely you should be aiming higher
    Well obviously I would like an A however I wouldn't be disappointed with a C, its hard stuff!

ReputationRep:
    grade boundaries are vvv low. do you go to an 11-16 school or an 11-18? I know many 11-16 schools don't teach all the content and just leave it to being good at normal maths

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it too! I got an A* on my mock (wtf I know I don't know how) but I'm struggling with some of the "easier" stuff now which is not a good sign...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    grade boundaries are vvv low. do you go to an 11-16 school or an 11-18? I know many 11-16 schools don't teach all the content and just leave it to being good at normal maths
    Well my school is 11-18 but they have run the course so that the majority of work has to be done individually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eviemason)
    So reluctantly, I am sitting this qualification in two weeks time. Anyone got any tips or is in the same boat as me? (I am completely going to fail lol)
    how hard is a level further maths compared to normal maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    how hard is a level further maths compared to normal maths?
    Its like the last couple of questions on the normal maths paper and about 10 completely new topics which are essentially the basis for A level.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm doing this, really really like this specification actually
    Goal would be an A^, but I think an A* is more realistic and I'll still be really happy with it. I've had A^s in most mocks and practise papers we've done, so hopefully it'll be good
    Good luck with it everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping between an A and an A*, I know I can defo get an A, A*, Not quite sure yet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.