WJEC A2 English Language LG4 exam timings? Watch

LauraJoyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
For my A2 English Language LG4 exam (WJEC), how long should I spend on each section?
(Section A and B, spoken language and language change)
donte
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1hr 15mins.

10-15 mins annotating each text
40-45 mins writing
5 min check.
Gurj97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hows everyone revising for this exam other than terminology? lol
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gurj97)
I'm mainly just doing more past papers as I find that they are the most helpful
DBR247
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gurj97)
I find it nigh on possible to revise for this other than learning terminology. Mind you, knowing the terminology and applying it correctly in addressing contextual factors makes for a great response.
DBR247
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LauraJoyx)
I'm mainly just doing more past papers as I find that they are the most helpful
Do you reckon Child Language Acquisition is likely to come up for section A this year? I hope it doesn't
amykyffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello!

I'm struggling to revise for this exam too!! I haven't done many past papers so I'm going over terminology and key dates :/

What is everyone else doing? Tips would be very helpful!

Thanks
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
(Original post by DBR247)
Do you reckon Child Language Acquisition is likely to come up for section A this year? I hope it doesn't
Hmm...I hope not, it came up in 2010 though ๐Ÿ˜•
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
(Original post by amykyffin)
Hello!

I'm struggling to revise for this exam too!! I haven't done many past papers so I'm going over terminology and key dates :/

What is everyone else doing? Tips would be very helpful!

Thanks
As well as doing past papers and revising terminology I'm looking at Context - happened in the early modern period that will influence language change etc.
I don't think there is that much revision to do though
amykyffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As well as doing past papers and revising terminology I'm looking at Context - happened in the early modern period that will influence language change etc.
I don't think there is that much revision to do though
Ah ok thank you! Makes me feel a bit better now!
What are you doing for spoken language?
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
Ah ok thank you! Makes me feel a bit better now!
What are you doing for spoken language?
Your welcome โ˜บ๏ธ I'm just doing the same really, revising terminology and annotating and writing answers to past papers. What do you think the text will be on in Section A?
amykyffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your welcome โ˜บ๏ธ I'm just doing the same really, revising terminology and annotating and writing answers to past papers. What do you think the text will be on in Section A?
Ah great same here! Thanks again

I really dont know what the text will be :/ I hope its not child language ! Do you have any ideas?
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?

I really dont know what the text will be :/ I hope its not child language ! Do you have any ideas?
No I don't know either....I would like it to be either chat shows or policitcal speeches / debates...I just hope it isn't normal conversations where loads of people overlap each other, like the past paper from last year. It could pretty much be anything though! ๐Ÿ˜•
amykyffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How does everyone chose the paragraphs you'll be writing in the exam? (for section A and B). I always struggle with this !!
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?

No I don't know either....I would like it to be either chat shows or politcal speeches / debates...I just hope it isn't normal conversations where loads of people overlap each other, like the past paper from last year. It could pretty much be anything though! ๐Ÿ˜•
amykyffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No I don't know either....I would like it to be either chat shows or politcal speeches / debates...I just hope it isn't normal conversations where loads of people overlap each other, like the past paper from last year. It could pretty much be anything though! ๐Ÿ˜•
Haha yeah I'd like it to be something like that because thats all we've studied in class!! Oh deer yes I hope it isnt something like that I'm doing a past paper now and it's very much like that and it's hard to pick things out to talk about!!
DBR247
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No I don't know either....I would like it to be either chat shows or policitcal speeches / debates...I just hope it isn't normal conversations where loads of people overlap each other, like the past paper from last year. It could pretty much be anything though! ๐Ÿ˜•
Thats always interesting when people overlap as it can suggest that Grice's Maxims are being flaunted and if the participants are male and female you can include gender theory such as Robin Lakoffs and possibly divergence. They seem to have exhausted themselves of political speeches which is a shame
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
Haha yeah I'd like it to be something like that because thats all we've studied in class!! Oh deer yes I hope it isnt something like that I'm doing a past paper now and it's very much like that and it's hard to pick things out to talk about!!
Are you doing the 2015 past paper about Don't Tell the Bride...conversations about parties?
amykyffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do you plan your paragraphs in the exam?? Like, chose what you will speak about because they dont give you the bullet points anymore..
LauraJoyx
Rep:
?
How do you plan your paragraphs in the exam?? Like, chose what you will speak about because they dont give you the bullet points anymore..
For which section?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (864)
80.3%
Leave (212)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed