The Student Room Group

What do you think your GCSE results will be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0lut0
I don't understand about how science is formated...why does everyone put Biology, chemistry and Physics when in the actual GCSE results sheet it says Core, Additional and Triple...?

If you do triple you get 3 exams on each science for example unit 1,2,3,isa= biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
What I would love to get:
7A*'s , 3A's and 1B.

Most likely going to get:
3A*'s, 3A's, 4B's and 1C.
expecting:
maths - B/C
eng lang - B/C
physics - B/C
biology - B/C
re - B
computing - C
history - D
psychology - A
(♧ meaning i havent done all of the exams yet)

really disappointed in myself tbh)): a lot of it is down to ill health and a lot of absence due to said ill health but im still sad about it. but, you know. ive sat all of the exams ive had scheduled so far (that i didnt drop/have permission to not show up to (rip my eng lit), lmao) and im actually kind of proud of myself for that ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Original post by DatSmartGuy
Those look great! I had the worst exam day of my life so far which was b2 and b3.I just don't know what happened to me.I'm pissed off but I just have to move on

Posted from TSR Mobile

same! how do you think you did on them? what did you get in your isa's?
Original post by Fractite
Pretty sure you get grades for Biology, Chemistry and Physics seperately.

You don't add up the papers by the number by the number (1, 2, 3), but by the letter (B, C, P).
"Single Science": B1, C1, P1
"Double Science": B1, C1, P1, B2, C2, P2
"Triple Science":
_______ Biology: B1, B2, B3_______ Chemistry: C1, C2, C3
_______ Phycis: P1, P2, P3

"Single Science": one grade : e.g. A*, A, B... (combined for all three, but requesting marks for individual paper for each science is allowed)

"Double Science": two grades, e.g. A*A*, A*A, AA, AB... (combined for all three, but requesting marks for individual paper for each science is allowed)

"Triple Science": three grades e.g. Biology: [A*, A, B...], Chemistry: [A*, A, B...], Physics: [A*, A, B...] (seperated)

The science grades are separated where they can be separated.
It is easier to think of each paper being worth 1/3 of a GCSE, so '3 papers' means 1 GCSE.
Original post by Fractite
Pretty sure you get grades for Biology, Chemistry and Physics seperately.

You don't add up the papers by the number by the number (1, 2, 3), but by the letter (B, C, P).
"Single Science": B1, C1, P1
"Double Science": B1, C1, P1, B2, C2, P2
"Triple Science":
_______ Biology: B1, B2, B3
_______ Chemistry: C1, C2, C3
_______ Phycis: P1, P2, P3

"Single Science": one grade : e.g. A*, A, B... (combined for all three, but requesting marks for individual paper for each science is allowed)

"Double Science": two grades, e.g. A*A*, A*A, AA, AB... (combined for all three, but requesting marks for individual paper for each science is allowed)

"Triple Science": three grades e.g. Biology: [A*, A, B...], Chemistry: [A*, A, B...], Physics: [A*, A, B...] (seperated)

The science grades are separated where they can be separated.
It is easier to think of each paper being worth 1/3 of a GCSE, so '3 papers' means 1 GCSE.
You may have CAs / coursework as well...
wanted vs what I think I got
Maths A* - A
English Lang A*- A*
English lit A - A/A*
Bio A* - A*
Physics A - /
Chemistry A* - /
PE B - B
ICT A - A
History A - /
Geography A* - A*
French A - A
Music A* - A
Original post by XOXcharlotteXOX
i thought the English language exam was really easy

I hated it, I was on AQA and the sources were terrible.
What I think I will get:

Maths= A
English Language= A*
English Literature = A/A*
Biology= A*
Chemistry= A*
Physics= A*
Business Studies= A/A*
Computing= B/C
Food and Nutrition= A
Spanish= A*
RS= A*
What I wanted vs What I probably got:
Grades in bold are my desired grades and the non-bold are what I shall probably get.

Maths= A* A* (Only done 2 Exams, got one more).
English Literature= B A
English Language= B A
Core Science = A A
French = B B/C
R.E = B A*
Additional Science = A A* (Only done 1 exam)
Design and Technology= A (Can't say yet as I haven't done it).
Art = B A (Ikr)

So generally, alot of my Grades have gone up and I hope I feel the same way after this last week of exams.
Original post by Mayfate
maths. . : A- A
english lit: A* - A/B
english lang: A - A
Geography- A*- A
Music- A*- A/B :frown:
Spanish- A* - B :frown:
RE. - A*- A*
Biology- B- B maybe low A
Chemistry- B-/
Physics- B-/

What exam board do you do for music?
English Lit: C/C
English Lang: B/B
Biology: B/A
Chemistry: B/C (Haven't taken C2/3 yet.)
Physics: A/A (Haven't taken P2/3 yet.)
German: A/A
ICT: A/A
RE: B/B
Business Studies: A/C (Messed up first exam massively)

To be honest, I'm not massively confident about any of them, but I never am.
Reply 32
What i want/ What i think I got or will get

Maths A*/A* (Almost full marks according to the unofficial mark schemes)
Physics A*/A*
Chemistry A*/A*
Biology A*/A*
English Language A*/A
English Literature A/A
R.E. A*/A*
History A*/A
Media A/A
Bengali B/C
Music B/C

Bengali and Music seem so out of place because im pretty sure i will get a's and a stars for all my other subjects but I feel that i will barely pass Music and Bengali I hope my grades in these two subjects wont affect me much when applying for top uni's.
So I think I will most likely get 5A*s 4As and 2Cs best cases scenario is 6A*s 3As and 2Cs
Reply 33
Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
What exam board do you do for music?

Edexcel- how about you ? :smile: I hated some of the questions in music- thankful for the essay though
Original post by Mayfate
Edexcel- how about you ? :smile: I hated some of the questions in music- thankful for the essay though

Edexcel too. Loved the essay as well! The listening wasn't bad but it was tricky in some places. Do you think the grade boundaries will be higher or lower this year?
Reply 35
Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
Edexcel too. Loved the essay as well! The listening wasn't bad but it was tricky in some places. Do you think the grade boundaries will be higher or lower this year?

Since the essays were predictable that might make it higher boundaries, but then again lots of people found the listening bad soI'm hoping they'll be lowered to compensate (as i found that peripetie was awful for me and im just not generally good at all blues- those are the 2 that'll bring me down the most i think) >.< Last years grade boundaries were 70/80 for an A*, and as our listening was harder it should hopefully should be lower than last years *praying*
Predicted vs What I Think:

Math : A*/A*
Physics: A*/-
Chemistry: A*/-
Biology: A*/A
Literature: A*/A
Language: A*/A
History: A*/A*
Computer Science: A/A*
Economics: A*/A*
French: A/A
AQA Further Math: -/A*^
Edexcel Further Math: -/-

(-) means Not Done Yet/No Clue..
Predictions vs what I'm looking at after the exam.

English Literature: A* / A* (did it in Year 10)
English Language: A* / A pushing A*, worried I might be walking the line a bit after that IGCSE exam.
Maths: A* / A*, loved both papers.
Biology: A* / A* (only science exams I've done all three units in, went rather well)
Chemistry: A* / ? (C1 was sexy)
Physics: A* / ? (P1 also sexy)
History: A* / ? (Medicine paper went very well)
Geography: A* / A*
Religious Studies: A* / A*

Really hope I'm not deluded.
Reply 38
what i wanted vs what ill get
Maths A* - A
Eng lang A -B
Eng lit B - C
Additional science A- A
Geography A* - A
R.e A* - A
French A* - A
History C - D
Dt A - A/B
Ict B- B/C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mayfate
Since the essays were predictable that might make it higher boundaries, but then again lots of people found the listening bad soI'm hoping they'll be lowered to compensate (as i found that peripetie was awful for me and im just not generally good at all blues- those are the 2 that'll bring me down the most i think) >.< Last years grade boundaries were 70/80 for an A*, and as our listening was harder it should hopefully should be lower than last years *praying*

Lol yes I agree

Quick Reply

Latest