Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I told my friend a secret but I don't know if I can trust her Watch

ReputationRep:
    I told my friend a secret today and it's not like one of the ones that you typically hear round school. I am already judged enough at school for other rumors that have gone round about me, which there are a lot of. I don't really care what people think of me but if they keep on saying things it really annoys me. I know it was stupid but I really needed to tell someone and I don't know if I can fully trust her with my secret and I need to make sure she doesn't tell anyone. Help?

ReputationRep:
    You told her even though you don't know you can trust her? I would suggest just keep reminding her not to tell anyone.

(Original post by Jazzy4949)
    I told my friend a secret today and it's not like one of the ones that you typically hear round school. I am already judged enough at school for other rumors that have gone round about me, which there are a lot of. I don't really care what people think of me but if they keep on saying things it really annoys me. I don't know if I can trust her and I need to make sure she doesn't tell anyone. Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhavyaB)
    You told her even though you don't know you can trust her? I would suggest just keep reminding her not to tell anyone.
    I do trust her but with our group of friends sometimes they will say something to each other even if they are not meant to. We have some of each other's secrets but this one would mean I would be made fun of and telling her means that that she might tell another person in my group of friends who is not so good at keeping secrets

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see your problem here.. I'm very sorry but as you've already told her I don't think there's anything you can do now However, again, I still believe you should keep reminding her not to tell anyone. I'm sorry I'm not much help
    I do trust her but with our group of friends sometimes they will say something to each other even if they are not meant to. We have some of each other's secrets but this one would mean I would be made fun of and telling her means that that she might tell another person in my group of friends who is not so good at keeping secrets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhavyaB)
    Ah I see your problem here.. I'm very sorry but as you've already told her I don't think there's anything you can do now However, again, I still believe you should keep reminding her not to tell anyone. I'm sorry I'm not much help
    Thank you anyway. I'm probably overreacting anyway because if she is my friend she wouldn't tell anyone. And you really did help so thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Thank you anyway. I'm probably overreacting anyway because if she is my friend she wouldn't tell anyone. And you really did help so thanks again
    No worries, hope everything works out fine for you

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being funny if someone is not capable of keeping a secret they aren't your friend. Whether it 'slips out' or not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.