The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
haha my school made me do chemistry and physics last year (im doing my biology triple this year). So happy the stress is gone however i wont lie the 2015 paper was much harder than the 2016 ones
I personally found a few 2015 papers easier :smile:
Original post by HateOCR
haha my school made me do chemistry and physics last year (im doing my biology triple this year). So happy the stress is gone however i wont lie the 2015 paper was much harder than the 2016 ones
Reply 3
any predictions?
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I personally found a few 2015 papers easier :smile:

Core Science 2015 Papers were difficult.
However i still have to attempt the Chem paper.

Anyone predictions and how to revise?
Does anybody have the 2015 paper?
I personally think the C123 paper this year was amazing and very easy. So I think they're gonna be mean with this one :/ be prepared:frown:
Reply 7
I struggle with the maths of chemistry ! I can't find anywhere that just gives me loads of chemistry questions for the maths side of thing as I feel with maths only way to learn is practise... Anyone got any resources that has loads of the maths questions including all the equations and so on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predictions anyone? :-/
Original post by Ella_08
I personally think the C123 paper this year was amazing and very easy. So I think they're gonna be mean with this one :/ be prepared:frown:

Yeah I agree, I'm very hopeful for core science now cos of that core chemistry paper👌🎉 however im still trying to learn c5&6 so I'm worried. In all of my mocks I only managed to get a B in additional chemistry.
Does anyone have predictions for the 6 markers in additional chem? Or any topics we should proper revise 😭 I need an A overall
Hiiiii :u:

Is there a Physics P4 P5 P6 thread yet?

Got a feeling this exam is going to be difficult because of the C1 C2 C3 exam.. :s-smilie:
And btw everyone the chemistry exam is on Wednesday 15th not like what the thread title says, just clearing up any confusion.😭👌
Original post by Char4ncubex
Yeah I agree, I'm very hopeful for core science now cos of that core chemistry paper👌🎉 however im still trying to learn c5&6 so I'm worried. In all of my mocks I only managed to get a B in additional chemistry.

Aha same, after that exam for a moment I actually believed I was good at chemistry.... then I looked through the C456 notes. My opinion changed!! :ike::emo: That's still a good grade, just do tonnes of past papers to boost it up. I do triple so this C456 exam will impact my C123 exam :facepalm:
Will it?? I do the double award so core and additional so I get a separate grade in core chem to additional chem.
So how does yours work then?
Do you get a grade for chemistry c1-6 then one for biology then physics separately? Do you do c7 as well?
Original post by Char4ncubex
Will it?? I do the double award so core and additional so I get a separate grade in core chem to additional chem.
So how does yours work then?
Do you get a grade for chemistry c1-6 then one for biology then physics separately? Do you do c7 as well?

I do triple science :tongue: Even though, i'm not even going to do science in the future... English is way better :u:

Anyway, i get one grade for chemistry, one grade for biology and one grade for physics.
Does anyone have the 2015 paper? I've literally done every other one and I need one to do!!
For me C4 is the easiest chemistry unit ever, but C6 is a nightmare so definitely gonna need to focus on that!
hey, I was wondering if anyone could explain electrolysis for me...??
Original post by badpostureband99
hey, I was wondering if anyone could explain electrolysis for me...??

Here's my take on it....

Basically electrolysis is used to separate ionic compounds that cannot be separated by carbon as they are more reactive than carbon, for example aluminium (Al3O2). Electrolysis used electricity to chemically decompose the ionic compound to get the pure form eg to separate the aluminium from the oxygen as we want to use aluminium. The aluminium (called the electrolyte) needs to be molten so that the ions are a free to move and can complete the circuit. The aluminium ions are positively charged and move to the negative electrode called the cathode. Here the aluminium ions gain electrons to become neutral aluminium atoms. Whereas at the positive electrode (the anode) negatively charged oxygen ions move here and lose electrons to become neutral and oxygen atoms. The aluminium is pure and is now separated from the oxygen.Aluminium is in group 3 so it has a 3+ charge, therefore it needs 3 electrons to become neutral.Oxygen has a -2 charge so needs to lose 2 electrons to become neutral. Don't forget that oxygen is a diatomic molecule so at the end you'll need to write O + O = O2.

I hope I explained alright and it helps
Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest