Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you talk about with your friends? watch

ReputationRep:
    just curious what you talk about hehe it seems sum people can go on and on while others don't say a word...:P

Anything that springs to mind, be it random of related to recent events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemisshala)
    just curious what you talk about hehe it seems sum people can go on and on while others don't say a word...:P
    loads of different stuff. sometimes it's just like you have nothing to talk about and find it a drag. Other times u end up talking for ages about everything and anything.

Thats what i find anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno :confused:
    I often spend hours on the phone to my friends, then we both wonder what on earth we talked about for all that time :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, it does rather depend what I am talking about and to whom.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still talking about lesley ashleys lips with my friends

(Original post by Cate)
    I often spend hours on the phone to my friends, then we both wonder what on earth we talked about for all that time
    How can anybody talk on the phone for more then 5 minutes? It's beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    A typical conversation with me and my mate goes like this.

Me: you still owe me 1p from yesterday
    mate: I am bit skint right now can I give it you next year.
    Me: How was work
    Mate: Boring, are you going to get pissed tonight.
    Me: Not tonight, the journey back home is to far
    Mate: you never do
    Me: I will one day I promise
    Mate: Do you want to see Morrisey next week
    Me: I have seen him 20 times now, I can't afford it.
    Mate: Ok.... (sulks)
    Me: Its my round
    (buys round)
    half an hour later
    Mate: Its your round
    Me: I just got the last one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    lol, its usually only girls that I spend a long time on the phone too There was one exception though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. We tend to prefer uncomfortable silences.

ReputationRep:
    It's a girl thing, i think *sounds like bad ad*

ReputationRep:
    Current topic of choice seems to be our clingy annoying friend (though I use friend for want of a better word really). My specific whinging about her is how ****ing pissed off I'll be if she gets university places on the courses I want and I don't, as she's now decided she also wants to do English Language and Linguistics at the uni's I'm applying to.

Actually, I think us both getting the place would piss me off too, give that I'd be stuck with her for another 3/4 years. She's already hinted at living together.

i'd say something, but i'm weak, so for now I'll just stick to whinging internetually to people I don't know, veering off topic slightly.

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the whole point of friends to be able to talk about anything and everything? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Isnt the whole point of friends to be able to talk about anything and everything? :eek:

I talk utter crap with my friends sometimes. And then sometimes we have deep and meaningfull conversations..Depends entirely on the person, the time of the month the time (oh i'll call you back when its cheaper) and who else is around .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)

internetually.
    and hayley's given birth to a new word..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    and hayley's given birth to a new word..lol
    Neologism is the spice of life.

Though I've been using that particular made up word for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

I talk utter crap with my friends sometimes. And then sometimes we have deep and meaningfull conversations..Depends entirely on the person, the time of the month the time (oh i'll call you back when its cheaper) and who else is around .

Phone calls can last for hours with me. I usually get shouted at by various people to get off the phone. I used to play new songs I had down the phone to my best mate and we'd spend hours just laughing at whatever stupid thing the other had just said. I've also cried down the phone as well Phones are great.

ReputationRep:
    Anything and everything a man can unload.

ReputationRep:
    Football, most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I thought that as well, but if you haven't seen someone for say a couple of weeks it becomes very easy to talk for over an hour. My record is just under two hours. As a guy I think that is quite impressive.

W.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.