Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I talk about anime, japan, star trek, computer stuff, LOTR and school stuff.

ReputationRep:
    If no-ones talking I'll look around me and point out something wierd, e.g.

Is that light flashing?

Then the conversation is started and wiwarin_mir arnt I a tribble member

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    Then the conversation is started and wiwarin_mir arnt I a tribble member
    I have stopped giving people the title of tribble. I am now onto ewoks.

ReputationRep:
    ewoks, so am I one of them *Smiles sweetly*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    ewoks, so am I one of them *Smiles sweetly*
    Not just any ewok, but the grand high ewok.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, gossip, school, uni, parties, appearance, embarrassing episodes, Friends, Queen, jobs, football, moaning about random stuff. I notice conversations are usually a lot more interesting when we've had a few drinks and are more willing to share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Guys, gossip, school, uni, parties, appearance, embarrassing episodes, Friends, Queen, jobs, football, moaning about random stuff. I notice conversations are usually a lot more interesting when we've had a few drinks and are more willing to share
    Now, would that be our dearly aging monarch or the single greatest band that has ever graced this forest moon of endor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Now, would that be our dearly aging monarch or the single greatest band that has ever graced this forest moon of endor?
    The latter, my dear enlightened fellow fan

ReputationRep:
    The latter, my dear enlightened fellow fan
    excellent, they truely were the princes of the universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    I thought that as well, but if you haven't seen someone for say a couple of weeks it becomes very easy to talk for over an hour. My record is just under two hours. As a guy I think that is quite impressive.

W.
    That is impressive Since I've been with my boyfriend, I've gradually trained him to spend more time on the phone! 15 minutes used to be quite a marathon conversation for him but we can now chat for an hour if we haven't spoken for a while and he doesn't even notice the time His conversations with his mates, however, are still pretty short and sweet, whilst I've been known to spend 5-6 hours on the phone to my best girly friend We talk about everything. Literally, everything. She makes me laugh more than anyone else I've ever known (with the exception of my bf) and I honestly wouldn't know how long we'd spoken for if it wasn't for the little time counter on my phone. In fact, I can phone her to ask one simple question and be on the phone for an hour - it's more of a challenge keeping it short It is indeed a girl thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    excellent, they truely were the princes of the universe.
    The three remaining are thinking of touring next year with someone like George Michael for additional vocals. That's what I'll be pestering my friends about when I next see them ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemisshala)
    just curious what you talk about hehe it seems sum people can go on and on while others don't say a word...:P
    Drugs, random adventures we've been on, music, lasses. Anything interesting really :eek:. Actually, come to think of it we talk about everything.

ReputationRep:
    The three remaining are thinking of touring next year with someone like George Michael for additional vocals. That's what I'll be pestering my friends about when I next see them ^_^
    Ok, I will be dragging pollock to that then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    It's a girl thing, i think *sounds like bad ad*
    I spend about an hour on the phone everynight to the missus... only because its free :cool:

ReputationRep:
    well, me and my friends ussaully chat about a lot of things, a cigar ussaully spices up conversations.

I live in a small town, like 2500 people. So basically, gossip is one main topic, In The summer, many of use tenagers go to the lakes and drink till we are pissed. Some of us go fishing for salmon or cod. Some go motorbiking or 4X4. Some just smoke weed untill they pass out.

Reciently, people talk about good fishin spots, work, parties. Although this probably sounds boring for most of you. The winter is even worse, all there is to do is skate and ski, or snowboard.

ReputationRep:
    well, some places we go to chat and smoke cigars is the only gas station, petro canada. A local convienece store, called the Sundown. My town has only 2 grocery stores, 1 bank, 1 post office, 2 pubs, and some other small stores. So if you ever come by, check the corners of the gas station or the sundown cause we are ussually there lookin for a boot.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually amazed about how long my mum can spend on the phone. It is really quite impressive. Her discussions last, on average, around 50 minutes. Of course, she sometimes talks for even longer than that. I did not think it possible that someone could actually come up with enough ideas to converse so for such a long length of time. I've sometimes just sat in the kitchen, listening to my mum on the phone next door, and marvelling at the speed at which she talks, and the amount of information that leaves her mouth and enters the ears of her attentive listener.

When I phone up a friend, it's usually not just for a chat. There's a purpose- like to find out what the homework was, or whether they're coming to cinema or not. If I'm feeling in a relatively chatty mood, the conversation might slightly diverse into a second subject (on rare occasions), but this will end after one utterance each. A rough estimate of my average phonecall time would be about 1 minute 27 seconds. My record for chatting on the phone, of which I am very proud, was probably when I spoke to my girlfriend's friend, and this lasted about 10 minutes.

With friends, just when we're out and meeting up, we can chat for sometime though. Mostly about films, which people we really hate and why, and other stuff which I won't go into because it's unsavoury. Yes.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.