Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it right to smash someone's car window to save a dog from heatstroke? watch

ReputationRep:
    With summer approaching and the temperatures ultimately starting to rise, if a dog is locked in someone's car and isn't looking well, is it right to smash their window to rescue the dog? I was wondering what everyone's opinions on this matter were. xD

Process of response:

1) Record details of the car e.g. number plate.
    2) Go into nearby shops to find the owner, asking the manager if necessary.
    3) Call the RSPCA, and if that fails, 999.

The question:

Heatstroke can cause serious damage to dogs in a matter of minutes. If you saw a dog looking unwell in someone's car and all the previous steps failed, is it right to smash the window of the car to save the animal? And would you - yes or no? :P

ReputationRep:
    i would

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is.

ReputationRep:
    If it were my dog suffering on a hot day, I'd be thrilled if someone smashed my car window to save him before it was too late

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, though it is probably difficult to ascertain whether a dog has heatstroke, and if the owners are nearby probably better to talk to them..

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'd want to make sure the dog was okay, but at the same time I'd be hesitant to start damaging people's property. Too many 'heroes' out there smashing windows without really knowing the sitch.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god please please PLEASE dont let dogs die just smash the frkn window please guys
    lives first

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.