Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know how to start, so I'm an A* student accept for Maths I get B/A and so far I have done most of my GCSE's, I have worked extremely extremely hard by trying my best and constantly revsising and always do goof in mocks, but so far all of the exams I have done there is not one of them that I am confident about and I'm pretty sure I did bad. Do you think hard work really pays off? Do you think maybe in results day i'll be happy and that I'm just exaggerating. Because by looking at the unofficial mark schemes i can tell i did bad.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade1234)
    I don't really know how to start, so I'm an A* student accept for Maths I get B/A and so far I have done most of my GCSE's, I have worked extremely extremely hard by trying my best and constantly revsising and always do goof in mocks, but so far all of the exams I have done there is not one of them that I am confident about and I'm pretty sure I did bad. Do you think hard work really pays off? Do you think maybe in results day i'll be happy and that I'm just exaggerating. Because by looking at the unofficial mark schemes i can tell i did bad.

Thanks.
    First things first, stop looking at the unofficial mark scheme. The fact that is unofficial means that it's not even accurate. Plus you get marks for workings out and the way you explain things (I know this because I had my papers back to see where I went wrong) when I did my GCSE's I got 1A, 3B's, C's. I had low expectations and now I'm looking at a university that's 12th on the leader board! Hard work pays off in telling you!, if I worked harder I would've got better. I'm sure you did fine, I'm certain of it! Don't worry about what other people got or did it's about you! And frankly you're going to do very well

ReputationRep:
    You sounds like me, honestly, don't look at those mark schemes, they make you feel like you've done bad and that may not be the case, I did it for a maths paper one year and it was bugging me that I though I had done bad, turns out I did great,
    Secondly, if you found difficulty with the exam and you were prepared too, the likelihood is that others found it the same, maybe harder and so the grade boundries will be lower, but I think its just post-exam nerves and you probably have done better than you think.
    In reply to your question, I think it does pay off, the revision makes you less stress as your on top of things and so feel better in the exam hall and you at least know you've tried your best instead of after going, if I had just revised this, if I just had time to go over that, and I think that's worse as you know you could have done better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emeliaaaaa)
    First things first, stop looking at the unofficial mark scheme. The fact that is unofficial means that it's not even accurate. Plus you get marks for workings out and the way you explain things (I know this because I had my papers back to see where I went wrong) when I did my GCSE's I got 1A, 3B's, C's. I had low expectations and now I'm looking at a university that's 12th on the leader board! Hard work pays off in telling you!, if I worked harder I would've got better. I'm sure you did fine, I'm certain of it! Don't worry about what other people got or did it's about you! And frankly you're going to do very well
    Thanks so much, your so supportive, but honestly i feel like i did bad and my parents are not making me feel better bu constantly asking me why i did bad. I mean i really did try my best in every single test, and it would be a real shame to open the envelope on results day disappointing. Thanks for making me feel better though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade1234)
    Thanks so much, your so supportive, but honestly i feel like i did bad and my parents are not making me feel better bu constantly asking me why i did bad. I mean i really did try my best in every single test, and it would be a real shame to open the envelope on results day disappointing. Thanks for making me feel better though!
    It's fine they're probably just curious, and trying to help. After your last exam forget all about them until results day. I know I messed up on 2 of my A level exams, but I could've done better than expected that's why I'm not thinking about it! if you want to go to uni, you will get in! (My brother did and he failed his A levels and did meh in his GCSE's!) you won't be disappointed! Even if worst came to worst, (which they won't) you can retake, or choose another route, you will end up where you end up if you try hard enough and you have!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I wouldnt get my A* in english literature and was pretty upset about it for the entire day after the exam.

I literally wrote pure utter bs on paper 2.
    I was the only one in my whole school who had picked a certain poem as it was the one next to it. Basically I didnt know what I was doing and I just wrote crap to try and get myself out of this hole that I fell into by comparing with a terrible poem lol.
    It didnt answer the question properly I dont think. I deviated far too much and went off on a tangent at times. No structure at all!

English lit ended up becoming my third best GCSE.
    If you are an A* student, you will get it no doubt. And if you don't well you are still in A* student!!! Only you haven't got it on paper this time because who gives a crap about GCSEs anyway pff.
    You don't need some letter on a paper to tell you who you are. Nah.
    Let it motivate you to smash your A levels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.