Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So around 1 and a half months ago I booked my driving test for the 19th July. I literally planned all my lessons around it, planned my holiday around it (raised the holiday cost a lot) and really wanted to pass before the summer holidays started. Well, today I got an email from DSA saying: "We can't conduct your Car test on Tuesday 19/07/2016 at **** due to your driving examiner no longer being available. I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you.
    Well, what can I do? They rearranged my test date to 2 months after I originally booked for! Should I complain to them or will nothing be done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeToll)
    So around 1 and a half months ago I booked my driving test for the 19th July. I literally planned all my lessons around it, planned my holiday around it (raised the holiday cost a lot) and really wanted to pass before the summer holidays started. Well, today I got an email from DSA saying: "We can't conduct your Car test on Tuesday 19/07/2016 at **** due to your driving examiner no longer being available. I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you.
    Well, what can I do? They rearranged my test date to 2 months after I originally booked for! Should I complain to them or will nothing be done?
    Just hope that you only get cancelled the once.

I had a test on August 25th, that got cancelled and moved to September 11th, that got cancelled and moved to November 2nd, that got cancelled and moved to January 19th, that got cancelled and moved to the 22nd of March, when I passed.

Always the same reason - "examiner unavailable". If they palmed me off with the scripted "we cannot always guarantee the test" for more than half a year, I doubt you'd get anywhere complaining about one cancellation.

4 in a row, over 7 months.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.