Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I only have a couple of close friends and thats it. I wish I had more friends to go out with. How do you make friends or find people to be friends with?

ReputationRep:
    Too much and your life will be ruined. Your "couple of" could be a pretty big number already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richard10012)
    I only have a couple of close friends and thats it. I wish I had more friends to go out with. How do you make friends or find people to be friends with?
    Same but tbh it will require a lot of effort. You'd have to be really outgoing and speak to a lot of different people and find common interests with them. Then you'd have to hang out with them and make sure you keep up with their lives. Sometimes it's better to just be happy with what you have unless you really want to put in so much effort to make friends who will probably end up not being worth your time.

ReputationRep:
    Don't confuse friends with acquaintances. One friend is worth 20 acquaintances.

ReputationRep:
    Scientifically proven that the less friends you have the more intelligent you are.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. You should value your close friends. I've always had loads of friends but not one I've ever been able to call 'close'

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget it's quality over quantity!

ReputationRep:
    Don't they say that you should be able to count your close friends on one hand thus the other people in your life are 'acquaintances.'
    It's best to have a small amount of close friends who you can rely on and are beneficial to you rather than a bunch of fake friends...... i would say, just be grateful for what you have 😉

You want real friends who you can go to for help. It is useless having friends who only take advantages of you.

ReputationRep:
    A friend to all is a friend to none.

He who thinks he has many friends inevitably has none.

ReputationRep:
    I only have a couple of close friends and that's it. I wish I had more friends to go out with. How do you make friends or find people to be friends with?
    You need to be able to summon up enough corrgage to effectively talk to strangers , they're equally as nervous as you are

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.