The Student Room Group

BM5 Southampton Medical Applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TwixKix
Yeah I know:frown: I applied to Sheffield, Birmingham and Liverpool and for biomed at birmingham which I got an unconditional for but I just don't want to do it ahhhh I can't remember exactly what my UKCAT was but it was really low as I was ill on the day so I couldn't focus properly:frown: what about you?

I applied to Sheffield, Newcastle, leeds and for chem at york (which i've got a conditional but unless i screw up my grades i'm not gonna take it). Oh no, that's so annoying :frown: My UKCat was 1980 so not too bad or too good:/
Original post by TwixKix
Yeah I got that email, when they say decisions that sounds like offers/ rejections to me, but it's all just a bit last minute if that's the case🤔 I could be wrong but that's the impression I got...

Yh, that's what I assumed too. Hope people waiting for interviews do get them though
Assuming Southampton give out some offers 3 weeks after the interview, we should expect some people who had their interviews on the 7th and 9th to get offers this week, this is just an assumption based on how they gave out offers for the 31st and 2nd.
Original post by Not_a_horse
Assuming Southampton give out some offers 3 weeks after the interview, we should expect some people who had their interviews on the 7th and 9th to get offers this week, this is just an assumption based on how they gave out offers for the 31st and 2nd.

Keep your fingers crossed! I really hope I get an offer....
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
Keep your fingers crossed! I really hope I get an offer....

Haha, who doesn't and I am crossing anything that can be physically crossed when was your interview btw.
Original post by Not_a_horse
Haha, who doesn't and I am crossing anything that can be physically crossed when was your interview btw.

On the 7th. What about you?
Original post by LightAtTheEnd
On the 7th. What about you?

9th
I am still waiting to hear back from Southampton to see if I get an interview. However the last email I got from them was on the 31st Jan saying my 'application was still being considered'
Anyone have any ideas when I will hear from them, especially as I have yet to receive an email about the end of march etc?
Original post by 10LFC10
Hey guys, does anyone know what the ukcat cut off for the last cycle was, ie 2016 entry? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4157257#post66653352
Original post by Joannn
I am waiting for an interview as well :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR usually demoralises me but for the first time I see people in the same boat, good luck to everyone also waiting. Hopefully we'll all hear (good things) soon
Reply 790
Original post by Ar.Frank
TSR usually demoralises me but for the first time I see people in the same boat, good luck to everyone also waiting. Hopefully we'll all hear (good things) soon

That's weird for me, the last interview takes place 13th March? Shouldn't we hear at least 2 weeks before? So, does it mean a rejection then? I hope not, but still, booking a flight and a hotel (I'm from EU) a week before may be complicated :/
If, however, it is a rejection, why a decision hasn't come yet?
Anyway, good luck to you all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer for A100:smile:
School Leaver and interview was on the 7th Feb

Quite surprised tbh, I though the group task went poorly and my panel was quite average, so don't stress if you think you've done bad.
Original post by HopelessMedic

Quite surprised tbh, I though the group task went poorly and my panel was quite average, so don't stress if you think you've done bad.

Well done with the offer!
What time did you get it?
Good luck to everyone else waiting

Well done!

Many congratulations!!! I had my interview on the same day. Getting really nervous now. Do you think they give offers for applicants from the same groups together? I'm trying g so hard to be patient T_T
Original post by k_popper
Many congratulations!!! I had my interview on the same day. Getting really nervous now. Do you think they give offers for applicants from the same groups together? I'm trying g so hard to be patient T_T

Same case here. I had mine on the 7th. I feel like they do give offers from the same group together at the same time.

What do you think you did bad in the group task? I think I flopped mine so jw :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
7th February interview, but no offer yet. Still waiting and seeing that some get offers whilst being on the same day makes me even more worried now :/

Congratulations to anyone who got an offer tho. I'm sure it was very well deserved :smile:
Any international students heard back yet?
Original post by Kavita.d
Any international students heard back yet?

nope :/ but I blanked in the interview so I don't know what to expect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending