Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing NCS soon and I just wondered what people thought of it. I want to make the most out of it and I've got a few questions:
    1) What types of things did you do and were they good?
    2) What was the food like when you did your trip?
    3) How much money should I bring (is £20 enough)?
    4) The list we got sent said you would be sent home if you had drugs, does this include cigarettes and a lighter?
    5) Can you smoke during the day? If not, at the end of the day?
    6) Are activities planned all day, or do we get time to chill out at the end?
    7) Are you glad you did it?

ReputationRep:
    1)The first week we went hiking, canoeing, camping and rock climbing.
    The second week we basically chilled at the accommodation in the evenings playing pool and other games, but during the day we had to do our activities. in my group we did acting classes and then performed a skit at the end of the second week .

2) When I went for the first week while we were at the place we got hot food, and then when we went for the camp we had to make sandwiches to take with us to eat. The site accommodated for both veg and non-veg dietary needs. for example
    The second week we made food our selves, which was a really fun experience XD, so it really depends on what you get.
    Bring snacks for both weeks in case you want to eat something that they haven't given

3) £20 should be plenty for the second week, as you probably wont be near any shops in the first week

4)No, i don't believe it should be a problem as long as you're 18. but ask the mentors at the first meeting cause as long as you have owned up to it the should only confiscate the items.

5) at the end of the day definitely, but its unlikely during the day they would allow you to smoke

6) The activities as planed from 9am - 4pm, and then you just chill for the rest of the day.

7) Yes! I has loads of fun and made tonnes of friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxyhih)
    1)The first week we went hiking, canoeing, camping and rock climbing.
    The second week we basically chilled at the accommodation in the evenings playing pool and other games, but during the day we had to do our activities. in my group we did acting classes and then performed a skit at the end of the second week .

2) When I went for the first week while we were at the place we got hot food, and then when we went for the camp we had to make sandwiches to take with us to eat. The site accommodated for both veg and non-veg dietary needs. for example
    The second week we made food our selves, which was a really fun experience XD, so it really depends on what you get.
    Bring snacks for both weeks in case you want to eat something that they haven't given

3) £20 should be plenty for the second week, as you probably wont be near any shops in the first week

4)No, i don't believe it should be a problem as long as you're 18. but ask the mentors at the first meeting cause as long as you have owned up to it the should only confiscate the items.

5) at the end of the day definitely, but its unlikely during the day they would allow you to smoke

6) The activities as planed from 9am - 4pm, and then you just chill for the rest of the day.

7) Yes! I has loads of fun and made tonnes of friends
    Sounds really good from what you have said, I'm looking forward to it (maybe not the camp though!!!). I'm 17, but if we get time to chill out at at the end of the day, I can probably have a fag then. Hope the group I'm with will be good, and i'll make lots of freinds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladroe1999)
    I'm going to be doing NCS soon and I just wondered what people thought of it. I want to make the most out of it and I've got a few questions:
    1) What types of things did you do and were they good?

2) What was the food like when you did your trip?

3) How much money should I bring (is £20 enough)?

4) The list we got sent said you would be sent home if you had drugs, does this include cigarettes and a lighter?

5) Can you smoke during the day? If not, at the end of the day?

6) Are activities planned all day, or do we get time to chill out at the end?

7) Are you glad you did it?
    1. Firstly, NCS was AMAZING! We did loads of fun stuff like kayaking, absailing and raft building and we did get lots of time just to relax. There honestly wasn't a boring moment!

2. Food was provided, most of it was pretty fine. Nothing fancy, but exactly what you'd expect really.

3. You can bring as much as you want really, I took about £30 but I only really spent about £15.£20 probably sounds about right.

4. No, you can bring them I think. I made some good mates while I was there, a couple of them smoked and they were 16 and 17. They brought baccy with them and I don't think they had a problem.

5. Tbh there's not really time during the day but you can in your free time.

6. Activities are pretty constant throughout the day, but you get loads of free time in the evening which is really good.

7. Really glad I did it. The activities were amazing and I tried a lot of new stuff most of it good, but I did try my first cigarette there which probably was a mistake!!! I made some really amazing freinds and met loads of great people and I think it helped me to grow as a person.You'll really enjoy it!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.