The Student Room Group

I'm a Sikh planning to marry a Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by singher
I am not sure about her parents yet. I hope that they will be ok with it.

And that's sad to hear about that. I know you are an atheist now, but what religion are your parents if you don't mind me asking?

It doesn't bother me because I would never marry someone religious anyway. They're Sikh
Original post by Hydeman
What about marrying an atheist? :teehee:

Oh god :erm: If he was Indian and Punjabi they wouldn't need to know, and I doubt they would care. Anything else is a no go in their eyes :redface:
Original post by drowzee
Oh god :erm: If he was Indian and Punjabi they wouldn't need to know, and I doubt they would care. Anything else is a no go in their eyes :redface:

I hope it works out for you and Liberal anyway. :hugs: :redface:
Original post by Hydeman
I hope it works out for you and Liberal anyway. :hugs: :redface:

Thank you :lol:
What sort of Singher are you?
Original post by drowzee
Thank you :lol:

No worries. :smile:
By the way, and you don't need to answer this if you don't want to, do your parents known about you and him?
Reply 46
Original post by AppleB
@TheALevelStudent

Your parents will not accept each other neither will hers.
sikhi and Islam are two very different religions
If you have children they'll be confused to which religion they should follow and accept
You can't have a nikkah or anand karaj

Plus Sikhs are only meant to marry sikhs
"The daughter of a Sikh should be given hand in marriage to a sikh" ~ Guru Gobind Singh Ji

This is 100% true you can't have a anand Karaj if both the bride and groom are not Sikh. The gianis in the gurdwara should never accept this wedding. it is highly disrespectful to guru maharaj your going against what guru gobind Singh ji said and then your gonna have the nerve to go in front of the same light of guru gobind Singh aad Guru Granth Sahib ji and do Lavan waheguru waheguru kaljug the phera is hard on sangat these days

You get me
Original post by Nihang
This is 100% true you can't have a anand Karaj if both the bride and groom are not Sikh. The gianis in the gurdwara should never accept this wedding. it is highly disrespectful to guru maharaj your going against what guru gobind Singh ji said and then your gonna have the nerve to go in front of the same light of guru gobind Singh aad Guru Granth Sahib ji and do Lavan waheguru waheguru kaljug the phera is hard on sangat these days

You get me

Gur bar akaaaluhhh

Fauj is back
Reply 48
Original post by TheALevelStudent
Gur bar akaaaluhhh

Fauj is back

Akaaaloooo how's the fauj Bruv chardikala
can't believe people r doing interfaith weddings in sikhi and then wanting to do anand Karaj 2 like wth
Original post by singher
Not yet

How religious are they

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nihang
Akaaaloooo how's the fauj Bruv chardikala
can't believe people r doing interfaith weddings in sikhi and then wanting to do anand Karaj 2 like wth

Doing good bro
I know man, whats worse is that kaljug is going to get even worse.
Maharaj kirpa karan

You been see Baba Nihal Singh Ji yet?
Reply 51
Way of lifes are diffent will be hard fitting into eachothers family
Original post by undercxver
What sort of Singher are you?

Qawwali probs
Reitterating what others have said here:

In Sikhism, one can only marry a Sikh.
In Islam, the girl can only marry a Muslim.

You might want a secular wedding, but you said she is quite religious, so therefore don't really stand a chance unless she is a bad Muslim.
Reply 54
Original post by TheALevelStudent
Doing good bro
I know man, whats worse is that kaljug is going to get even worse.
Maharaj kirpa karan

You been see Baba Nihal Singh Ji yet?

Yh yh been the amount of chardikala u get from seeing baba ji is mad! Even knowing how high there status is giving in the panth jinda shaheed they still show humbleness vah we should have more chardikala singh's in the panth baba ji
Reply 55
Original post by singher
Not yet

How long have you been together? Im not trying to discourage you or anything like that I think 2 people should be together as long as they are in love and happy regardless of race and religion etc, but if youve been together a while and her parents still dont know about you its not fair. Have you asked why she hasnt told them about you? I realise its a difficult situation but what specifically is she afraid of?
it's going to be very difficult for you both, don't runaway from the problem it will only make all of you upset (if you know what i mean) there are options available... talk to someone about this for advice (if they are safe) maybe from your own religion to come up with a solution. A big option is that one of you may have to convert and you both have to be really sure that you would want stick together... like forever.

Good luck!
Original post by Nihang

You get me

It's getting worse

The SGGSJ sums it up perfectly

One of the signs lol

If someone practices Truth, he is frustrated; prosperity does not come to the home of the sincere.
If someone chants the Lord's Name, he is scorned. These are the signs of Kali Yuga.
Reply 58
Original post by drowzee
It doesn't bother me because I would never marry someone religious anyway. They're Sikh

Ah, so do they know that you have renounced the religion? Just wondering. I don't hold anything against people who have left Sikhism btw as everyone has their own choice.
Reply 59
Original post by Nihang

You get me

I do not plan to have Anand Karaj.

Quick Reply

Latest