Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When a guy cries over you.... Then breaks up with you Watch

So my now ex boyfriend split up with me in a very malicious way. We had arranged to meet to discuss some problems we had been having, and he seemed very keen to continue things and he even started crying when the prospect of us not being able to see each other much over summer came up. He was also affectionate and seemed genuinely very upset and tearful when I left.

Afterwards I was happy as I felt he genuinely cared for me (wouldn't anyone ?!)

As soon as I get home he sent me a message saying its best we end our relatuinship.

I don't understand

ReputationRep:
    He's either found it too difficult or just doesn't have the mood

I think its because he's hurt he thinks that will make him feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my now ex boyfriend split up with me in a very malicious way. We had arranged to meet to discuss some problems we had been having, and he seemed very keen to continue things and he even started crying when the prospect of us not being able to see each other much over summer came up. He was also affectionate and seemed genuinely very upset and tearful when I left.

As soon as I get home he sent me a message saying its best we end our relatuinship.

I don't understand
    It got too difficult for him, I can relate to him a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you've neglected to mention something, that isn't a malicious break-up.

Anyway, breakups in general are confusing because there's a whole host of emotions both parties go through. It could be that he's thought about this for a while and gradually come to terms with the fact the relationship needs to end, hence why he's been able to do so. The prior emotions of being upset, affectionate etc were probably a last-ditch attempt to save what was there between you, but ultimately it wasn't going to work out for him. Even if they do the breaking up, it's still hard and they will feel a mixture of sadness, guilt, but also relief and a sense of freedom.

Don't look too much into it. Actions speak louder than words, in this case. The relationship has ended, and that is all you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    for those who keep asking...this is why I'm against having a boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    His viewpoint is that he's sick of your bs. Send him a long apologetic text telling him how much you love him if you want him back.

(Original post by Anonymous)

I don't understand
    My ex (dumper) GF was in really bad state when she broke up with me. Lots and lots of crying, she was in a seriously bad state. She still dumped me.

These things happen... he probably made his mind up, wanted to tell you in person, chickened out and sent you the text.

Deal with it. Move on.

ReputationRep:
    Break ups are difficult to do, and they are emotional. Just because it's their decision to break up, doesn't mean it's not hard for them, they were also part of the relationship at one point. It's a shame he had to text though.

ReputationRep:
    WTF that isn't malicious at all. You obviously upset him with your BS enough to make him cry in front of you. He might have just been saying that he still cares about you to massage your ego, then changed his mind when he got home. Nothing wrong with that.

Hold on, your bf was crying during the conversation and you walked away feeling happy? That just makes you sound shallow.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.