Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi. When I was due to ovulate i had some cramps in the ovarian area and i felt some pain while urinating. These symptoms passed but around the time my period was due (it always comes after 30-32 days, but last month it came after 35 days)I didn't had any PMS symptoms. My breasts were always sore at least 4-5 days before.

43 days have passed since my last period and I have had early pregnancy-like symptoms for at least two weeks: sore breasts, nausea (almost every day), I have also had a cold (which I read is a sign) and I'm really emotional.
    Two days ago (day 41) I took a pregnancy test with 99% accuracy and it was negative. In 22 days I'm gonna sit a very important exam, the equivalent of the A2 levels, so I'm also really stressed.

Could it be an ovaryan cysts/ something else, or am I really pregnant?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You have taken a pregnancy test long after it would have started to give accurate results saying you're not pregnant, so it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant

It is probably the stress - a notorious delayer of periods as well as making you more liable to catch stuff - but will having a doctors appointment help?

(Original post by unprinted)
    You have taken a pregnancy test long after it would have started to give accurate results saying you're not pregnant, so it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant

It is probably the stress - a notorious delayer of periods as well as making you more liable to catch stuff - but will having a doctors appointment help?
    I will go after my exams to see what's wrong.let's say I missed my period because of the stress, could you think for a possible reason why I am feeling so nauseous and have all these PMS symptoms? Thank you so much
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You've caught something, and that's going to affect you. Ditto the stress. If I'm stressed, my digestion suffers in various ways, for example.

There'd be no harm in having another test. The pound shop / supermarket own brand ones are only a quid or so, and having a different test may help you believe that you're not pregnant.

You've caught something, and that's going to affect you. Ditto the stress. If I'm stressed, my digestion suffers in various ways, for example.

There'd be no harm in having another test. The pound shop / supermarket own brand ones are only a quid or so, and having a different test may help you believe that you're not pregnant.
    By caught something, you are referring to my cold? Because i've been fine for a few days but i'm still nauseous and my breasts are still sore.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes. It might not be the direct cause of some symptoms you still have, but it's a sign that you've not been 'well' recently.

Are you going to have another test?

Yes. It might not be the direct cause of some symptoms you still have, but it's a sign that you've not been 'well' recently.

Are you going to have another test?
    Not now, my period came (at least I hope it's my period), my PMS is gone although I'm still a bit nauseous, so if everything goes well I won't have another one. Thanks for your help!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.