Turn on thread page Beta

Whsmith help!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I'm 16 and I'm still my GCSEs . So during summer holidays I'm going to Paris for 1 week as my vacation, and after that I've got loads of spare time, so I don't want them to be wasted. Then started to think about having a summer job at whsmith.

So, how is it like their- working environment and staff, how much do they pay at the start. Let me know other pros and cons of having the job and is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend worked there for a year.

The pay was Minimum wage.. He was on a little over a fiver (Over 18) So you'd probably be looking at around £4 an hour.
    He was on a 3 hour contract and there was loads of overtime, he worked near enough full time.

I mean it's okay like he said it he enjoyed it and it was good to tide him over for a year, it depends on the staff as well. Staff make or break a working environment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    My boyfriend worked there for a year.

The pay was Minimum wage.. He was on a little over a fiver (Over 18) So you'd probably be looking at around £4 an hour.
    He was on a 3 hour contract and there was loads of overtime, he worked near enough full time.

I mean it's okay like he said it he enjoyed it and it was good to tide him over for a year, it depends on the staff as well. Staff make or break a working environment
    What do u mean by 3 hour contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARK_REVISES)
    What do u mean by 3 hour contract
    He was only contracted to work 3 hours a week, the rest was overtime

ReputationRep:
    He was only contracted to work 3 hours a week, the rest was overtime
    So am I able to get a job there. If yes how to apply

ReputationRep:
    So am I able to get a job there. If yes how to apply
    You can apply there, you just apply on their website.. But like I said they only really give low contracts then give you overtime

ReputationRep:
    You can apply there, you just apply on their website.. But like I said they only really give low contracts then give you overtime
    Did he earn more than £100 a week? Tnx for answering my questions😃😃

ReputationRep:
    Did he earn more than £100 a week? Tnx for answering my questions😃😃
    He did because he was working full time on more than a fiver an hour..the under 18s didn't , they earnt about 70/80 a week

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.