Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Diet coke (Help!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    Go back to bed! :rolleyes:
    lol...i reckon you should take it easy, there is only so much the body can cope with.either that or you are physically weak. but you shouldnt be working that hard as the exams are over!

ReputationRep:
    WEll, today I was so tired that once I woke up and knew I couldn't get back to sleep, I went onto tivo and watched everything I had recorded! I need to do my paperround now though

(Original post by jndikum)
    Well, it does take about 5 grams of caffeine to be overdosed (which is equivalent to about 80 cups of coffee) so I wouldn't worry too much about getting overdosed (it probably won't happen). Besides, oversdosing on caffeine is fatal!
    well, not necessarily. There is overdosing and overdosing. I had to be kept in hospital overnight on a heart & lung monitor & nearly had to have my stomach pumped but didnt cos id thrown up so much already they ended up giving me antiemetics........but yeah......I definitely didn't die.

(Original post by historyhoney)
    Oh and I'm not allowed to take pro plus
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    i only drink water mainly because its easy to do, just pour it into a cup, drink out of a bottle, i use to drink fruit juice with water but now just water, i rarely drink coke, its mainly because i cant be botherd to make a drink other than water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    How hard can it be to stop drinking it?

How about fruit juice. It tastes so much better anyway.
    I hardly ever drink Coke anymore, or fizzy drinks. I reckon 80p or however much you pay for a small bottle of it is an absolute rip-off considering how what you are drinking is actually just water, sugar, colourings, flavourings with a bit of added crap. Fruit juice is so much nicer! Orange juice is nice, but you can go a bit "wilder" than that, and try "cranberries and apple," or grape juice. If you're not on a really tight budget, smoothies are so nice + they'll give you all nutrients you need. Red Bull, for sure, is a lovely drink to drink, but a smoothie with give you a lot of energy also. If you find it hard to spend that little bit extra on a smoothie (they are about £1.70 for a little bottle ), then you could always buy a bigger bottle of it for better value. I know I may sound a bit like my mum saying this, but it is true that fizzy drinks don't actually taste all that nice, and don't do you any good at all. Why fill your body with watery crap when you can sip on a smoothie?! It makes no sense to me why people still buy fizzy drinks...

ReputationRep:
    WTH is a smoothie sounds..dirty..to me..strangely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I hardly ever drink Coke anymore, or fizzy drinks. I reckon 80p or however much you pay for a small bottle of it is an absolute rip-off considering how what you are drinking is actually just water, sugar, colourings, flavourings with a bit of added crap. Fruit juice is so much nicer! Orange juice is nice, but you can go a bit "wilder" than that, and try "cranberries and apple," or grape juice. If you're not on a really tight budget, smoothies are so nice + they'll give you all nutrients you need. Red Bull, for sure, is a lovely drink to drink, but a smoothie with give you a lot of energy also. If you find it hard to spend that little bit extra on a smoothie (they are about £1.70 for a little bottle ), then you could always buy a bigger bottle of it for better value. I know I may sound a bit like my mum saying this, but it is true that fizzy drinks don't actually taste all that nice, and don't do you any good at all. Why fill your body with watery crap when you can sip on a smoothie?! It makes no sense to me why people still buy fizzy drinks...
    iv gone off fizzy drinks too. i dont mind them once in a while, but i just dont like the whole fizzy sensation anymore. i much prefer water or fruit juices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penwong)
    WTH is a smoothie sounds..dirty..to me..strangely
    You sick person!

They originated in America, and are basically a combination of fruits. You mash up a load of fruits in a liquidiser and you have a really nice drink. A typical combination would be...dragonfruit, grapes and mango.

ReputationRep:
    You sick person!

They originated in America, and are basically a combination of fruits. You mash up a load of fruits in a liquidiser and you have a really nice drink. A typical combination would be...dragonfruit, grapes and mango.
    that sounds much more appealing to me than a can of liquid with carbon dioxide in it!

ReputationRep:
    This thread has persuaded me not to have my 4th can of coke today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    This thread has persuaded me not to have my 4th can of coke today.
    Well I'm glad I've contributed to something that has disuaded at least one person from giving more money to huge, money-guzzling co-oporations. Actually, Coke is quite nice, but trust me you'll feel a hell of a lot better after drinking a smoothie (Four cans?! You need congratulating)

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm glad I've contributed to something that has disuaded at least one person to give more money to huge, money-guzzling co-oporations. Actually, Coke is quite nice, but trust me you'll feel a hell of a lot better after drinking a smoothie (Four cans?! You need congratulating)
    I get my coke cheap though, 25p for can of coca-cola but thanks. Its the cafiene I need but and I think I like the sense of danger about it. I really need to give up completly but I have been saying that since 1998!

ReputationRep:
    I get my coke cheap though, 25p for can of coca-cola but thanks. Its the cafiene I need but and I think I like the sense of danger about it. I really need to give up completly but I have been saying that since 1998!
    Don't give up completely...just try some other stuff. 25p a can...now that's cheap- even I'd rather spend 25p on a can of coke than £1.70 on a smoothie :rolleyes:

I think I like the sense of danger about it.
    HAHAHA
    Funniest post I've seen all day.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    remember, don't knock a bottle of lipton ice tea

ReputationRep:
    but amazingtrade, money is not the issue! the fact youdrink diet coke is worse than drinking normal coke. it contains loadsa sweetners, mostly aspartame (sp?) and major quantities of that in your body is severley harmful. please cut down a bit more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    but amazingtrade, money is not the issue! the fact youdrink diet coke is worse than drinking normal coke. it contains loadsa sweetners, mostly aspartame (sp?) and major quantities of that in your body is severley harmful. please cut down a bit more!
    What do you count as major quantities?

ReputationRep:
    What do you count as major quantities?
    lots. i dont know what the unit is, but does horrid stuff to your body. im being serious, cut down! if you have 4 cans a day, for the past year, then im guessing you are heading towards somewhere not good. i dont wana scare you, im giving a friendly warning. there's nothing wrong with anything in small quantities, but i think you are overdoing it. xx

ReputationRep:
    Two cans a day is probably more average it varies though, everytime I see these threads I cut down for a bit, but then eventualy I go back to my 1 litre a day habit.

This year it has got slightly worse. Why isn't their a cocoholics society?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.