Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

please help me, I don't know what to do. I'm lost, I'm a pile of problems. I can see no way around. I feel so lost, I feel so down. i don't know what is my life, I need help please. help me.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down, what do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    I hope things are getting a little better for you! I may be in the similar place to you right now, with exams and revision in such a short period of time, it can be overwhelming and incredibly stressful!

A few words of encouragement is that you should try your best and not be disappointed with what you have done, be happy with who you are and they way you perform.

If it's not exams that's are the issue, perhaps you can tell me what is and I can try to help.

If it is exams that are the issue, try not to worry and get upset about it and instead use that time to revise, make revision notes, read examiner reports or predict topics/questions which may come up so you can tailor your revision.

Message me whenever you like, I'll be happy to help.

Take care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong Pm me?

ReputationRep:
    Dude (making an assumption here) Are u still there? PM Me if u want.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    please help me, I don't know what to do. I'm lost, I'm a pile of problems. I can see no way around. I feel so lost, I feel so down. i don't know what is my life, I need help please. help me.
    Hey I know you've had a couple resopnses but feel free to pm me too.
    I'm jumping to conclusions quite a bit but it sounds to me like you're dealing with a lot of scary and confusing emotions and possibly have been for a while. I know how that feels and I just want you to know that although you may feel completely alone you are not. People are here for you
    Also if you are ever really desperate and need somebody to talk to you can call samaritans so they can listen.

(Original post by G.S.G)
    Calm down, what do you need help with?
    my life has been really *****y, when I posted that thread I was at a peak in my bad situation, having so many emotions and negative thoughts feeling horrible. Sometimes I get that and it doesn't feel good, I still don't know what to do with my life. I'm stuck in a situation and feel really lost.

(Original post by alexGedgar1)
    I hope things are getting a little better for you! I may be in the similar place to you right now, with exams and revision in such a short period of time, it can be overwhelming and incredibly stressful!

A few words of encouragement is that you should try your best and not be disappointed with what you have done, be happy with who you are and they way you perform.

If it's not exams that's are the issue, perhaps you can tell me what is and I can try to help.

If it is exams that are the issue, try not to worry and get upset about it and instead use that time to revise, make revision notes, read examiner reports or predict topics/questions which may come up so you can tailor your revision.

Message me whenever you like, I'll be happy to help.

Take care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, no it isn't exams, it's just my life in general.

ReputationRep:
    Most people don't know what to do with their lives, it's a rather big question.

You're best calming down, taking things one step at a time and seeking support (possibly medical) if needed.

(Original post by Kindred)
    Hey I know you've had a couple resopnses but feel free to pm me too.
    I'm jumping to conclusions quite a bit but it sounds to me like you're dealing with a lot of scary and confusing emotions and possibly have been for a while. I know how that feels and I just want you to know that although you may feel completely alone you are not. People are here for you
    Also if you are ever really desperate and need somebody to talk to you can call samaritans so they can listen.
    yes I have, they are not good to deal with, thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    yes I have, they are not good to deal with, thanks.
    If it's something that's been going on for a while it may be a good idea to see a doctor. I think (given very littel information mind you) that you could be suffering some sort of depression or something. Doctors can send you to therapy, give you meds or other things. If you are at college or uni you could also get free counseling from them.

When I had depression I felt so alone and like I had to go through it all by myself. After about two years I started to run out of options I was getting paranoid and loosing sense of what reality was. I went to see a doctor after building my courage for a couple of months. Things changed so much after that. It wasn't instantanious but I got sent to a psychiatrist who made me feel less crazy and got given meds (my choice- i wasn't just put on them) and therapy. After a few months things started looking up a lot more and two years later I was almost completely better. I thought I would never understand happieness again, but now I can hardly remember how I felt back then. It does get better, I promise.

ReputationRep:
    my life has been really *****y, when I posted that thread I was at a peak in my bad situation, having so many emotions and negative thoughts feeling horrible. Sometimes I get that and it doesn't feel good, I still don't know what to do with my life. I'm stuck in a situation and feel really lost.
    Find a method of expression is my best advice, works/worked for me.... Music, Poetry, writing whatever the form. Then after a little expression you may be less emotionally erratic and able to logically think about your situation.

(Original post by Kindred)
    If it's something that's been going on for a while it may be a good idea to see a doctor. I think (given very littel information mind you) that you could be suffering some sort of depression or something. Doctors can send you to therapy, give you meds or other things. If you are at college or uni you could also get free counseling from them.

When I had depression I felt so alone and like I had to go through it all by myself. After about two years I started to run out of options I was getting paranoid and loosing sense of what reality was. I went to see a doctor after building my courage for a couple of months. Things changed so much after that. It wasn't instantanious but I got sent to a psychiatrist who made me feel less crazy and got given meds (my choice- i wasn't just put on them) and therapy. After a few months things started looking up a lot more and two years later I was almost completely better. I thought I would never understand happieness again, but now I can hardly remember how I felt back then. It does get better, I promise.
    It's been going on for two years+ now. I've been on meds and I stopped. I used to get counselling and even saw a psychiatrist. They didn't really help me. They said that I have severe anxiety and panic disorder. I'm just not okay. Lately the worst thing that I have been feeling is feeling lost, like I don't know anything.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's been going on for two years+ now. I've been on meds and I stopped. I used to get counselling and even saw a psychiatrist. They didn't really help me. They said that I have severe anxiety and panic disorder. I'm just not okay. Lately the worst thing that I have been feeling is feeling lost, like I don't know anything.
    I'm really sorry to hear that. It's a shame that it's been going on for so long and doctors haven't been able to help so far. Unfortionately your only options are to stay like this or keep pushing until eventually something works. It's really tough keeping on trying things with no luck, but eventually something will help. You just need to keep going and keep telling yourself that it is worth the effort to get rid of this one day.
    I would suggest going back to a psych and trying new meds. Some meds just don't work for some people and it can take a few tries to find the right ones. It doesn't help that wit all of them you'll start off feeling worse. I found that therapy just didn't work for me until I had meds to even me out enough to manage it. I always think that therapy should be included in treatment and that in all possible cases therapy should be tried first, but sometimes meds are necessary and I think that is probably true in your case at least for a while.

I know it's a scary concept but have you ever considered inpatient care? I haven't had it myself and i'm not too sure what it's like, but it seems like it could give some peace of mind knowing that you are being looked out for. That's just a vegue suggestion though and I don't know a whole lot about it. I could totally understand not wanting to even consider it.

I think maybe something like visiting a psych again or going to a support group could help you feel less lost and alone because you will know that others are going through tough times too and get some more insight to how you feel. The first big improvement for me was understanding what was going on and not being so confused and scared about it. Gave me enough of a boost that I could start fighting it and open up to others just enough to not feel totally alone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.